Slide show with images and very short videos
I bought a digital photo frame a few weeks back and discovered an "ick" with it. I'm wondering if I can start from scratch and use XBMC as part of the replacement.

The photo frame can display JPGs and H.264 videos (but not GIFs). Most of my pictures are simple JPGs but a few is a fade from a heavily filtered version of the image to the image itself -- so it appears to come into existence. To do this, I used photoshop to create the videos. On the photo frame, if I put them in a folder by themselves, it works. It cycles through the videos. Each video is 1 to 2 seconds long.

If I put JPGs in the same folder as the videos, the photo frame displays only the JPGs and skips the videos. I asked the support guys about this and they said that it was a design decision. It seems arbitrary to me.

My question is: can I have JPGs and short H.264 in a slide show and have XBMC show the JPGs for some length of time along with running the short video when they are encountered in the sequence? To rephrase: can I have JPGs and videos in the same slide show?

Also, it appears from a short amount of surfing that XBMC can now do animated GIFs. But if someone can definitely confirm that, that would help to. I don't really care if I have to use GIFs or video to get the effects I want.

Thank you for your time,
pedz
Yes. Under Settings/Pictures (wiki) there should even be an option to specifically enable videos.
I would have thought XBMC rather overkill for an photo frame app.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you Ned. @nickr -- Agreed. If you have another suggestion, I'm open to it.
(2014-09-04, 08:19)nickr Wrote: I would have thought XBMC rather overkill for an photo frame app.

Broadly speaking, just because XBMC CAN do a bunch of other things doesn't mean it has to. There's always been an undercurrent of discussion about money making prospects for companies looking to have XBMC do simpler things. Digital signage being an obvious one. Since it's pretty much the same amount of work to anything onto a Raspberry Pi, there's no reason to intentional load something worse.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slide show with images and very short videos0