Double Press in menus on Fire TV
I got a new Fire TV and have it all set up with my Harmony One remote using an IR Remote, but whenever ever i enter a sub menu the directional presses count as double, so i cannot navigate right. They work as only press except when I go into menus, and it is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any tips to try or a different setup they used with their Harmony One and Fire TV?
How are you connecting the Harmony One to the Fire TV? Flirc?
I am using a USB IR receiver and added the MCE as a harmony device. I then taught it all the commands from the MCE remote. They all work, but in certain menus the up, down, left, and right will trigger twice making it impossible to navigate the menus. It doesn't do it in every menu, but every sub menu specifically it will.
I have this issue too. Same hardware as you (using the Ortek remote dongle and a Harmony). It's not a problem for FTV navigation in general (outside xbmc) but it seems to be something in the keypress handling within xbmc.
(2014-09-04, 04:48)toddsay Wrote: I have this issue too. Same hardware as you (using the Ortek remote dongle and a Harmony). It's not a problem for FTV navigation in general (outside xbmc) but it seems to be something in the keypress handling within xbmc.

Well at least I know I am not alone in the issue!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double Press in menus on Fire TV0