Linux Which DVB-S2 card do you recommend??
Hello , i'm building an HTPC , it will be running ubuntu and xbmc , i don't want to install OpenElec because it does not have a package manager. One of the things i want to do is to install a dvb-s2 card in order to watch free and scrambled channels.

My question is which dvb-s2 card is tested and working good with xbmc ? I saw TBS 6922 , it is interested.

It will be working directly with xbmc or it needs a backend like mythtv or tvheadend ?
Is there an oscam plugin for xbmc in order to watch scrambled channels ?

I now that i can do it with tvheadend and oscam thats why i need linux with package manager but if it can be done inside xbmc then i can user openelec.

Thanks !!
TVHeadend is included in OpenElec, and I believe Oscam is in the unofficial OpenElec repo so can also be installed. You need to ensure your DVB card is supported within OpenElec if you go down that route. TBS cards have a mediocre rep under Linux as they have (or had) less-than-ideal driver implementation.
(2014-09-04, 10:48)noggin Wrote: .. if you go down that route. TBS cards have a mediocre rep under Linux as they have (or had) less-than-ideal driver implementation.

Whats the "other" way-route ??

Supported cards are here DVB-S2 , do you recommend something or maybe do you have worked with someone of them ?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which DVB-S2 card do you recommend??0