UPNP Turned on but not running after reboot
It's a Chromebox bug.

Chromebox will stop identifying itself as UPnP device if you reboot it with the UPnP setting turned on in XBMC.

The cure is to turn the UPnP setting off, reboot and then turn the UPnP back on. It will stay recognizable until you reboot the Chromebox. I just never turn mine off.
@smitbret are you sure you don't just need to wait for the network to come up?

(2014-09-14, 18:12)warrell Wrote: 4.1.6 and Amber the Openelec settings menu currently shows the same options for both Settings and Network

Try confluence.

If that doesn't work revert to 4.07 and set wait for network, then go back to 4.1.6 (assuming you still want to continue to use experimental builds)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Confluence made no difference to the Openelec setting menu. But reverting to 4.0.7 set wait for network to 10 seconds max worked perfectly dose not take anywhere close to the full 10 seconds either.

Dose this mean there is a bug which needs reporting? Or is this ok I'm happy now either way but will submit the report if it helps others?
IMO this is a bug and it would be nice of you to file a report. Ideally UPnP initialization should kick in whenever network connection status changes, not just be startup-delayed.
Theoretically you could walk into a wifi-zone with your android-pad, get an ip-address and immediately become upnp-visible ..
I think that is a feature request, not a bug.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-14, 21:51)nickr Wrote: @smitbret are you sure you don't just need to wait for the network to come up?

(2014-09-14, 18:12)warrell Wrote: 4.1.6 and Amber the Openelec settings menu currently shows the same options for both Settings and Network

Try confluence.

If that doesn't work revert to 4.07 and set wait for network, then go back to 4.1.6 (assuming you still want to continue to use experimental builds)

Is the wait for network setting not available after 4.07? This has been a bug with the Chromebox since I installed it in may with the original Gotham release of OpenELEC. Different skins, including Confluence, made no difference.

I had forwarded logs to the support staff of my UPnP server that verified the Chromebox stops identifying itself as a UPnP device upon reboot. I had Matt Devo looking at it on the Chromebox thread and we just determined it was a hardware bug. It's hardly fatal and if you leave the box on 24/7 it is barely an inconvenience.
(2014-09-15, 14:38)smitbret Wrote:
(2014-09-14, 21:51)nickr Wrote: @smitbret are you sure you don't just need to wait for the network to come up?

Try confluence.

Is the wait for network setting not available after 4.07? This has been a bug with the Chromebox since I installed it in may with the original Gotham release of OpenELEC. Different skins, including Confluence, made no difference.

I had forwarded logs to the support staff of my UPnP server that verified the Chromebox stops identifying itself as a UPnP device upon reboot. I had Matt Devo looking at it on the Chromebox thread and we just determined it was a hardware bug. It's hardly fatal and if you leave the box on 24/7 it is barely an inconvenience.

Yes it is available but there is a bug in openelec settings I think where the options do not always show up properly. If you revert to openelec stable (ie 4.0.7) the setting is available and is carried through to the 4.1.6 series.
(2014-09-15, 22:16)nickr Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 14:38)smitbret Wrote:

Try confluence.

Yes it is available but there is a bug in openelec settings I think where the options do not always show up properly. If you revert to openelec stable (ie 4.0.7) the setting is available and is carried through to the 4.1.6 series.

I'm not sure which setting you're talking about. The UPnP settings all appear the same and I have the same issue all the way through the lastest OpenELEC Beta build
We are talking about the "wait for network before starting XBMC setting".

Can you point me to the post where it is concluded to be a hardware bug?
(2014-09-16, 00:20)nickr Wrote: We are talking about the "wait for network before starting XBMC setting".

My bad, I guess we didn't reach a consensus:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200908&page=2

It happens only on my Chromebox and happens regardless of whether I run OpenELEC or XBMCbuntu. I also run OpenELEC on a RaspPi and it has never not appeared as a device in my DMC apps. I suppose it could be an XBMC issue but then why would the same version work fine on my RaspPi?

(2014-09-16, 00:20)nickr Wrote: We are talking about the "wait for network before starting XBMC setting".

Oh, in the OpenELEC settings..... I will check as soon as my daughters get done watching "Barbie Christmas Carol".
(2014-09-16, 01:57)smitbret Wrote:

My bad, I guess we didn't reach a consensus:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200908&page=2

It happens only on my Chromebox and happens regardless of whether I run OpenELEC or XBMCbuntu. I also run OpenELEC on a RaspPi and it has never not appeared as a device in my DMC apps. I suppose it could be an XBMC issue but then why would the same version work fine on my RaspPi?

Oh, in the OpenELEC settings..... I will check as soon as my daughters get done watching "Barbie Christmas Carol".

OK, I give up. What is this mysterious 'wait for network before starting XBMC" setting?
Bear in mind I am at work and don't have openelec in front of me, but in openelec settings|network there is a setting to wait for network before starting XBMC.

In confluence the Openelec settings are a submenu under settings. In other skins, choose programs then openelec.
(2014-09-16, 03:25)nickr Wrote: Bear in mind I am at work and don't have openelec in front of me, but in openelec settings|network there is a setting to wait for network before starting XBMC.

In confluence the Openelec settings are a submenu under settings. In other skins, choose programs then openelec.

That's exactly what I did but didn't see that anywhere. Did they remove it in the Beta releases? I am running the 4.1.6 beta.
it is available but there is a bug in openelec settings I think where the options do not always show up properly. If you revert to openelec stable (ie 4.0.7) the setting is available and is carried through to the 4.1.6 series.
(2014-09-16, 03:33)nickr Wrote: it is available but there is a bug in openelec settings I think where the options do not always show up properly. If you revert to openelec stable (ie 4.0.7) the setting is available and is carried through to the 4.1.6 series.

Oh, I see. I thought you were saying it was introduced in 4.0.7 and they carried it over to the versions after that. I found the setting on my RaspPi running 4.0.7.

I'll have to wait till I get everyone kicked out of the house and can reinstall OpenELEC 4.0.7 on the Chromebox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPNP Turned on but not running after reboot0