Scraper missed videos and thumbs are broken (local scrapping)
Hi there,

I recently installed the xbmcubuntu (13.2) on a fresh HDD. Everything works in the first step perfectly and I was quite happy to have now a perfect media player.

Unfortunately I recognised some problems when it tried to add movies from my NAS (SMB://<name of nas>/<share>) into the database, using movie scraper and local information.

The scraper only recognised 4 out of 43 videos when scanning the NAS. All files are placed in one directory. The data have been gathered using Ember media manager. The files are named as follows:

<movie>.mkv
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<move>-poster.jpg
<movie>.nfo

Additionally, some of the thumbs are broken, meaning that only a part of the jpg-file is displayed, the rest remains "grey".

If I switch from "local information" to an online-source, more videos are recognised, but still not all...

The strange thing is, that Gotham 13.2 on Win7 works fine and recognised all videos and all jpg are displayed without any error... Though it does not seem to be an issue of the jpg's or mkv's...

I also deleted the database and rescrapped the NAS... Again only the same 4 videos were found...

Than I was copying the databases (MyVideos78.db / Textures13.db) from my Win7-Platform to XBMCbuntu with the effect, that all videos are now listed under "movies", but again most of the thumbs / artworks are missing or displayed broken...

What is wrong with my XBMCbuntu-installation?

Thanks,

Tabaluga
Hi again,

finally I found a work-around, which I have to test a bit more into depth but seems to work for the moment:

If I edit the fstab and mount the SMB-Shares directly, the problem with the scraper disappears. All files are recognized, local info is gathered and no thumbs or posters are broken.

Seems as if the scraper has a problem with direct-access over SMB?

CU, Tabaluga

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper missed videos and thumbs are broken (local scrapping)0