[Solved] Computer shutdown
EDIT: Wrote the solution to my problem in post #3

I am running XBMCbuntu 13, and after 3 moths of up-time I decided to update and reboot my system (I bought new over-voltage protection).
My computer started to shutdown seemingly randomly, there was one constant though, it was always a while after my TV was off (I use CEC to let them talk to each other).
I have been strolling through my syslog file to look for kernel panics and what not, and I made my BIOS reboot on return of power if there is any outage. No avail.

So I got the idea to try and boot into desktop, since all my other stuff is only services. Lo and behold the computer can run continually again. But I need to fix so XBMC does not shutdown my computer again. The settings looks like they are correct in XBMC, I have even tried to hit the reset settings to default (in the power options menu). I have tried to put on a shutdown timer, and then remove it again. My XBMC still acts like I want it to shut down a while after its idle.

I am running XBMC 2:13.2~git20
My guisettings.xml says

Code:
<powermanagement>
        <displaysoff default="true">0</displaysoff>
        <shutdownstate default="true">1</shutdownstate>
        <shutdowntime default="true">0</shutdowntime>
        <wakeonaccess default="true">false</wakeonaccess>
    </powermanagement>

Maybe the shutdown state is wrong?
I found the reason, seamed to be overheating, but it could run indefinitely without xbmc. I had managed flip the three way switch on my case, flipping it back solved the issue. Smile

And BTW, other than the case fans, its a completely fanless system, so this figures Tongue Just glad my Raid 1 didn't die hehe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Computer shutdown0