• 34(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
I've read through the thread but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet. Does the latest version of Amber work with Kodi 15.0? My media center isn't the most powerful kit in the world but Amber lets me run Kodi on it just fine. I'd like to upgrade to 15 but I don't want to do that if it means I lose Amber skin.

Thanks all!
Collecting all issues for 15/Isengard here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233530
(2015-06-14, 21:31)Smultie Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 09:51)Smultie Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 19:32)Smultie Wrote: Something I just noticed is that the favorites icons aren't the right aspect ratio. They're way too square.

Anyone with the same issue, or is this somehow just me?

Also posted this problem on the Github, but no response there either. Is anybody still supporting this skin?

Yes, me, please post here:

https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber

Kodi 15 issue collection here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233530
(2015-07-28, 20:22)Jester Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 21:31)Smultie Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 09:51)Smultie Wrote: Anyone with the same issue, or is this somehow just me?

Also posted this problem on the Github, but no response there either. Is anybody still supporting this skin?

Yes, me, please post here:

https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber

Good to see someone is still supporting this skin.
Can't post issues on that Github, though...
(2015-07-23, 08:51)gtomic Wrote: Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks for this amazing skin... For a long time it is only skin that I use Blush

Next, i found one bug / problem that causes reboot of my Raspberry... Everytime I try to download Serbian subtitles, RasPi reboots.

In log I found this line:

"ERROR: Texture manager unable to load bundled file: flags/sr.gif"

This problem occurs only with "Amber" skin Sad

Is there anyone that can help me locate or replace this sr.gif?

Thanks a lot in advance Smile

Edit:

Found it and copied it to media/flags

Strange as sr.gif is included, are you sure you are running the latest version of the skin ?
(2015-08-01, 15:37)Jester Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 08:51)gtomic Wrote: Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks for this amazing skin... For a long time it is only skin that I use Blush

Next, i found one bug / problem that causes reboot of my Raspberry... Everytime I try to download Serbian subtitles, RasPi reboots.

In log I found this line:

"ERROR: Texture manager unable to load bundled file: flags/sr.gif"

This problem occurs only with "Amber" skin Sad

Is there anyone that can help me locate or replace this sr.gif?

Thanks a lot in advance Smile

Edit:

Found it and copied it to media/flags

Strange as sr.gif is included, are you sure you are running the latest version of the skin ?
Yeah, that's a funny thing.
I installed "Amber" through Add-ons, not through zip file.
Github version has all the files (sr.gif is included), but kodi version is somehow missing this file :dodgy:
Is it possible add submenu items on added items on the home screens? If not can the feature be requested?. Example adding Youtube and having my subscriptions on the home screen.
(2015-06-07, 20:10)cijah Wrote: http://i62.tinypic.com/99fhx5.jpg Also how do you get rid of all those thumbnails of recently added items - there is a submenu for that so this is overkill, I just want to view the background image (there is probably a setting to turn this on or off, but I cannot find it). thank you
Could I ask the same question? Just downloaded Amber and love it but would prefer not to see the thumbnails of recently added items on the home screen, is there an option to just see the background, preferably random fan art from TV Shows or Movies depending on what is in focus at the time? If not any clues on how I can modify the skin to achieve this? Thanks and keep up the good work
(2015-09-16, 11:38)cb31 Wrote: Could I ask the same question? Just downloaded Amber and love it but would prefer not to see the thumbnails of recently added items on the home screen, is there an option to just see the background, preferably random fan art from TV Shows or Movies depending on what is in focus at the time? If not any clues on how I can modify the skin to achieve this? Thanks and keep up the good work

Getting there, found this setting in guisettings.xml

I changed skin.amber.Hide.RecentlyAdded to true and it hides the recent thumbnails. Just need to work out now how to change the TVshows picture of a dolphin into fanart for my tv shows.
Yes, I believe this is an option in the home screen menu somewhere. I'm away from my Kodi system right now, if you haven't found it by tonight I can look up the exact me u option and list it here.
(2015-09-16, 19:22)Renns Wrote: Yes, I believe this is an option in the home screen menu somewhere. I'm away from my Kodi system right now, if you haven't found it by tonight I can look up the exact me u option and list it here.
I can find the option for multiple backgrounds, so if I create a directory and put some jpegs in there it rotates through them on the home screen perfectly. I think there must be an automatic way of doing this though, it downloads the jpegs anyway so I just need a way to point at them.
(2015-09-16, 21:20)cb31 Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 19:22)Renns Wrote: Yes, I believe this is an option in the home screen menu somewhere. I'm away from my Kodi system right now, if you haven't found it by tonight I can look up the exact me u option and list it here.
I can find the option for multiple backgrounds, so if I create a directory and put some jpegs in there it rotates through them on the home screen perfectly. I think there must be an automatic way of doing this though, it downloads the jpegs anyway so I just need a way to point at them.
Fixed it using an addon called artwork organizer. I run that manually and it places the images in folders in the addons userdata area, I then point the multiple backgrounds to these directories and it works perfectly!

Very happy, I can now rollout amber onto my android boxes plugged into tv's.
Hello,

Not sure if this has already been answered or not, but when I play a movie/stream and I press back the movie/stream will then run in the background (minimised). This is good but when I choose another movie/stream it still plays it in the background, it doesn't bring it up fullscreen. I have to manually go to navigation panel and select Player and launch it

Is there a setting which can change this behaviour? I want it to come up fullscreen again if i choose a different movie/stream. In other skins this happens

thanks for your help

**** Nevermind I found this feature in Settings > TV > Playback > Start Playback Minimised". That was turned on for me. Just had to look around *facepalm
I like this skin, WAY less cpu usage running on this skin than I get with confluence (and others I've tried)

There is one thing I'm not keen on in it though, don't know if this is the right place to make suggestions but here it is

I run Kodi on a couple of pcs and laptops so use a mouse a lot, on one that's hooked up to the living room tv I only use a mouse, so it's a bit of a nuisance that with this skin there are numerous screens you can't exit from using a mouse

The only way to exit these as far as I can tell is to use the escape key on a keyboard

Something along the lines of a Back button somewhere would be ideal, even better would be a Home & Back button
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4