• 2(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
Thank you for updating the skin. If you can, can you:

add support for tv show next aired?
Great THX, i will have a look!
One Question, could you Explain me how i can delet the Confluence Skin Kodi Logo in the upper left?
Thanks for making Amber available for Kodi/Helix. I was worried it would not be in existence beyond the Gotham (XBMC/SPMC) versions. I'll probably wait until the official Kodi/Helix version is released and like knowing that Amber will be there along with it.
Love this skin. Thanks for taking the time to make it compatible with Helix Smile

I have brought my changes from my last skin and redone the EPG screen.

Without video

With video

Suggestions and feedback welcomed. If anyone wants the files please let me know and I will upload them ,or if the author would like to include them in this update then feel free to do so.
cool one with video!
You can fork the code from here: https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin.amber (1st post) and add your changes. joethepartylion can then add your changes.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-09-09, 10:32)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 19:51)eikman2k Wrote: Here is a Picture of the bug!!!

Hi, thanks for the picture, I have fixed this alignment issue and updated the master branch to 1.7.1. please let me know of any other issues you find. I didn't notice it at first as I use the vertical home screen.

Hey mate, thanks for PR on Git.

I don't have much time ATM and it seems you did some code re-alignments so it is not as easy to track changes you made Smile I'll take another look when I have more time available and merge your changes.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-09-13, 17:30)pecinko Wrote: Hey mate, thanks for PR on Git.

I don't have much time ATM and it seems you did some code re-alignments so it is not as easy to track changes you made Smile I'll take another look when I have more time available and merge your changes.

Thanks Pecinko, there seem to be some other skin label alignment changes that I have just noticed, i.e. the movie information dialog so will have a look at those this week so don't do any merging yet.

Sorry about the code alignment changes, I was using notepad++ to tidy up my code and it changed the tab size so things went a bit awry, that would explain why it said so many lines changed :-) I'll see if I can get it back to a smaller tab size to make it easier to read/compare for the next pull request, hopefully the end of this week.

Thanks.
(2014-09-16, 11:51)joethepartylion Wrote: Thanks Pecinko, there seem to be some other skin label alignment changes that I have just noticed, i.e. the movie information dialog so will have a look at those this week so don't do any merging yet.

Sorry about the code alignment changes, I was using notepad++ to tidy up my code and it changed the tab size so things went a bit awry, that would explain why it said so many lines changed :-) I'll see if I can get it back to a smaller tab size to make it easier to read/compare for the next pull request, hopefully the end of this week.

No rush. You don't need to tidy your code at all - I can do that after merge. As for alignment issues I'm afraid all containers will be affected ...
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Found another Bug...
If you wanna Add a Source for Movies etc. you can´t go on settings., I need this to change the Language to german..

pls Fix it!

Great work !
Well, I got inspired and decided to make more drastic changes. I have made a post here discussing the future of Kodi and the Live Tv menus look and feel. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1804561

Heres my new Wip for Amber Helix. As usual if anyone wants to try it then I can upload the files to dropbox.

Cheers all.
Seems like kodi has changed the keyboard again, will there be an update from your site, so that we could use you amber version with the newest version of kodi?
ok braindead question - how do I install the skin from github?

i've downloaded the master.zip, unzipped it and renamed to skin.amber. If I try and change to the skin now I get

18:13:25 1480.911865 T:3037798400 ERROR: failed to load requested skin 'skin.amber'

Skin is missing some files error on the GUI.

Update: I renamed it back to skin.amber-master and its working fine now.

Update 2: Spoke too fast - after restarting xbmc the skin is not loading. Stuck on the bubbles.

Quote:18:19:44 1859.936157 T:2873062464 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'item2' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 796, in <module>
Main()
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 68, in __init__
self._fetch_info_recommended()
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 127, in _fetch_info_recommended
self._fetch_tvshows_recommended('RecommendedEpisode')
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 269, in _fetch_tvshows_recommended
if (item2['resume']['position'] and item2['resume']['total']) > 0:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'item2' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--
Addons/ addon manager/ install from zip
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks - that was easy Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4