Any way to resume a session where I left off?
Hi all,
I have two questions that may or may not be somehow related. I'd like to have Kodi to be able to resume in the same windows as when it was shut down when I start it back up again, and I would also like to be able to quickly zip back to the home screen without going up 2 or 3 or 4 levels after watching something. Are either or both of these possible?

For the first part, I have a remote command that sends ALT+F4 to quickly close the program and go to the desktop and another to launch Kodi. When I bring it back up (or resume it after a system restart), I would prefer to have it go to wherever I left off.

For the second part, it's pretty self-explanatory, but actually a bit more than I described initially. Let's say I've just finished watching a TV show (Season 3, Episode 9, let's say). Then my wife comes in and wants to watch a movie. We would ideally like to quickly navigate to movies and do our thing. On completion of the movie, I'd like to be able to quickly go back to the TV series I had just been watching to catch Episode 10, as an example. As compared to my cable box's PVR, I find Kodi requires an awful lot more jumping between levels (enough to even make Mario tired <g>). Any ideas?
I like my set-up, I pick most of my TV or Movies from the home page random selections, or using LazyTV custom button... this can be all set-up for sequential viewing and after it's finished, I'm presented with the home page again. In your first paragraph, you've indicated some levels... which smacks of file mode, not using the library. Using the library you are presented with all your movies (or custom playlist selections) on one button press, resume options on last played are common scripts available from the front page. Kodi is quite flexible, but it requires a bit of effort for ease of use.

I don't dig... neither should you, perhaps it's time to go skin shopping with a few custom menu's in mind?
To go back to homescreen map a button to:

XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)

To remember the state you were in try this add-on

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168824

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to resume a session where I left off?0