Some advise please
Hi all

I am not to sure if this is the correct place to ask the following questions, if not I apologise and perhaps you could point me to the right direction

Ok, So I am planing to build a media pc running XBMC, this will be my first media build so I am trying to compile as much information together before I go out a buy all the bits.

I would like to install this card "TBS DVB-S2 High Definition Digital Satellite Tuner PCI Card HD (DVB-S2/DVB-S) Receiver - PCI" so I can receive Free sat here in the UK ( I already have a working dish out side) My questions are, does XBMC support this feature and what are your expert opinions of the below spec.

Any advise and info will be greatly appreciated.

CPU: AMD A4-5300 3.4Ghz
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital WD Green 2TB
Case: MI-008 Mini-ITX
DRIVE: LG Blu-Ray and DVD Drive,
Free sat Card: TBS DVB-S2 High Definition Digital Satellite Tuner PCI

Thanks loads
XBMC is "just" the media player application. It doesn't have in-built support for DVB tuners, they are reliant on the platform (Linux, Windows, Mac, Android) supporting your tuner and a back-end head-end application to handle tuning, streaming, recording etc of TV.

OpenElec is an optimised Linux distro that includes some DVB drivers and TV Headend as a backend built in. TBS tuners are notorious for non-standard Linux support, and I'm not sure how well OpenElec works with them. I run a dual-tuner TBS 6981 in a Windows Media Center set-up with no major problems though this isn't currently integrated into my XBMC set-up (other than for playback of .wtv recordings) There is a Windows Media Center PVR option within XBMC though I believe.

I guess we need to know your OS and what backend you are considering using (TV Headend, MythTV, Windows Media Center etc.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some advise please0