What am I doing wrong?
Hi Guys,

Long time XBMC user (windows), complete Raspberry Pi noob.

I'm hoping somebody can help me, I've been using XBMC for many years on my laptop, integrated with sickbeard and couchpotato. However I moved away from that to the excellent GoMovies/TV addons, now replaced by Genesis which is excellent. Because of this I decided to get a Pi to have as a permanently on dedicated media centre.

Having zero experience in programming at all, I bought the Class 10 SD card preinstalled with the Noobs software and installed openELEC (eventually! I had to rename the volume to allow me to install) and then installed Genesis from fusion and everthing went smoothly.

Problem is now, when I select a show or movie to watch it takes absolutely AGES sometimes up to 10 minutes to come back with the list of sources, it takes ages to scrape the metadata for tv shows and movies I add to the library, and on playback I'm getting quite a bit of buffering, particularly with HD sources and the sound is very very out of sync.

I am using a wired connection to my 120Mb broadband.

Can anybody shed some light on what I have done wrong? You may have to dumb it down for me though!

Many Thanks Guys.

Lenny.
Hello Lenny,

I don't think this is the place to ask that question because it's pirated content. Better is to ask it on the forum where this is developed. Smile
Fammar,

Thanks for your quick reply, I apologise if I've broke the forum rules, mods can you delete my thread if so!
Pi single core 700 MHz vs Laptop >2GHz(?) QuadCore - go figure why things are slower on the PI. And yes, no talk about piracy stuff in here - ask the devs of that crap to improve their addons
Overclock and disable metadata. This will speed things up for you.
What do you mean by disable metadata?
- Settings -> Video -> Library -> Download actor thumbs
- Settings -> Video -> File list -> Extract thumbnails and video info...
- Settings -> Music -> Library ->Download additional information..
- Settings -> Music -> File list -> Enable tag reading

if you turn these settings off, scraping and browsing on file level will be faster. You'll miss some extra info though.
I think lowridin_guy is actually referring to turning off metadata within the addon itself. Most addons I've seen have this option within their settings and I can agree with him that this will allow a bit better performance.
If your problem is with fusion, why are you asking here?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes disable metadata within the add-on itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What am I doing wrong?0