XBMCHUB - cant remove it
Hi,

A while ago I installed XBMCHUB and it was good for a while but now I know what I am doing I want to get rid of it and just install the addons I want.
I had Xubuntu 12 with xbmc 12.2 then I upgraded to Ubuntu 14 as i wanted xbmc 13.2 and had to reinstall xbmc but xbmchub is still there, i have removed xbmc and reinstalled by numerous methods i have found on the web but xbmchub always reappears.

I have looked on the xbmchub website and their instructions for removal say I have to ftp in and rename the xmbc.old folder to xbmc but i dont know how to ftp into my linux pc as I have never done it, so I have searched using the file explorer and I dont have an xbmc.old folder

Any ideas?

Also when I open xbmc the xbmchub splashscreen still comes up and says I have v12.2 but if i go into system -> settings it says 13.2, so is it safe to assume I really do have the latest version??

thanks,
steve
I sorted it out by using the xbmchub fresh start add-on, did exactly what i wanted!!
Oh the irony
(2014-09-06, 21:34)spoyser Wrote: Oh the irony

Lmfao
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
They screw up your system and to fix it you'll need another addon that screws it up even more...

Oh my...
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks for your helpful replies guys.......
(2014-09-06, 22:36)slippyjim Wrote: thanks for your helpful replies guys.......

Well glad you sorted it out.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
don't we actually need this xbmc hub then,
shall I remove mine ? and will I benefit out ?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMCHUB
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCHUB - cant remove it0