MCE Remote on Server 2008 R2, most keys not working
Forgive me if this topic has been raised before, all I could find about MCE remotes on a server were posts about drivers, I'm past that stage and have found them but many of the keys seem to not work on the server OS.

After trawling the web for many hours I've finally found the correct drivers to get my MCE/RC6 remote working on Windows Server. I previously used to run OpenElec on some old HP Thin Clients which were perfect for up to 720p but anything over that was a disaster. I now run XBMC 13.2 directly on my storage server, on Windows Server 2008 R2 temporarily until I can afford something better.

On OpenElec, the remotes used to work perfectly and all buttons were functional but on Windows Server, only the basic keys will work such as the arrows, Back, Play/Pause and the number keys. No other keys seem to be recognised. As far as I can tell I have configured XBMC the same so I'm thinking it may be some sort of restriction at the OS level, being that it's not designed for multimedia purposes.

As I've also recently setup a TV server (running NextPVR backend) I would find it very helpful if I could at least get the EPG button on the remote working if not all of them.

Is anyone able to confirm or deny if they have got all buttons on an RC6 style remote to work on a server OS? Are there any patches or special configurations required?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote on Server 2008 R2, most keys not working0