MCE remote wont wake XBMC/PC
Hey, I recently installed XBMC custom regis after uninstalling it. My PC now does not wake from sleep using the power button. The red LED doesn't even light up when its asleep and I press the button.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
Does the power button on the remote send a key press? You can check this with showkey.exe: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmce/...e/download

Also, have you checked the power management settings for the remote to 'allow this device to wake the computer' in device manager?
If you get no red led then it sounds like your motherboard isn't powering the USB port when asleep. Check the BIOS settings to make sure you have power on the USB in sleep.

Also if your using openelec make sure your not connected to a usb3 port and openelec shuts usb3 off in sleep mode. On my board my USB 2 ports use the usb3 interface so I had to use a modified build to get it working. However the latest betas of openelec have enabled USB 3
Thanks.

There is no red light.

I have an Asus Z87-k. How can I navigate the bios to check which USB is and isn't [powered? I'm using windows 7.

Yes, I have checked "allow this device to wake the computer.

How can I find out which USB ports are powered and which aren't? I have tried swapping it with the place my wireless KB/mouse receiver is (the mouse always wakes the PC) but it didn't work.
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote wont wake XBMC/PC0