Lets fix the naming issue, Name the skins?!?
Question 
Ok, I think there really needs to be a new naming system for the new Aeon Nox skins. I think everyone will agree.

I think both skins should be Aeon Nox V5, but I think Big Noids should be named Aeon Nox Lite (as that's what it is) and Phil's version should simply be Aeon Nox as it is continuing the tradition of full features and full on graphics.

If that is not OK with the skinners, then Big Noids version should be called Aeon Nox v5 and Phils version should be called Aeon Nox Plus v5 (or simply Aeon Nox + V5)

I know its up to Phil and Big Noid to get together and figure this out, so I hope they do.
That's just my opinion, but I think it will make things allot more clear to everyone.

As for Warlion's version, though I love it, and in fact I use a version of it, its still just a mod of Phil and Big Noid's work so that thread should probably be renamed (for confusions sake) to Warlions Aeon Nox (Gotham) as its not an official version though not sure that matters much once Phils version is stickied.

I think this should be done as soon as possible before mass confusion sets in. I also think a new sticky should be added ASAP for Phils new official version (It can always have a [WIP] in front of it until its officially ready, like say "[WIP] Aeon Nox Plus") So people understand what's going on.

Final thoughts... I know its not my place to suggest all of this but I think that the sooner definitive names for the two skins are set so everyone knows whats going on, the better. I also think it is important to have both skins at V5 since thats what they both are.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
totally agree the skins of aeon nox do get confusing and then i get confused what mods work on which skin etc would be good to have it all nailed down....im currently using aeon nox 4.1.9 love this skin but i see there is two different mod sections for this skin unsure which mods work with this skin or not so would be good to know all this if possible

thanks
I already suggested this in Phil's thread, and he is ok with it. It's just that right now, his skins still hasn't catch up to where he wanted it to, so he's not ready to make it official and name it.
Btw, I think it's not fair to have one of the skin still be named Aeon Nox. There were a lot of different visions of Aeon during the years (thanks to djh_), and it shouldn't be a problem to have two new ones.
IMO, BigNoid's skin is a new skin, not Aeon Nox v5. Something lke Aeon Inspired.
And Phil's upgrade could be Aeon Nox v5, but it's too late for that, so it could be called Aeon Evolved or something like that.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
How about naming BN's version "New Aeon Nox", and phil's version "Aeon Nox Classic"!
just my 2 cents:
I don´t see such a big problem with the actual naming. The only "Nox" for Gotham should be the one from BigNoid as that name is his "invention", the rest should mark themself clearly as a mod, also in thread title.
Takin over the official version numbering was a bit unfortunate from Warlion in my opinion, but that´s not too bad and not something which can´t be changed in some minutes.
In addition, please always name the exact skin version you´re basing your mods on. Either an official release version number or a GIT commit hash.
My "version" is not yet released so all feedback / mods / bug reports / whatever for that should be placed in my "Welcome back" thread for now. When it´s done it will get a new name, a new thread and all is good again Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I think the problem is that Aeon Nox v5 (BN's version) does not share the same goals as v4 used to.
Aeon Nox v5 is a (successsful) attempt at making Aeon lighter and able to be run on smaller hardwares.
It is also a lot less customizable.

Not that big of a deal for any 'power user', but I can understand the fear in the fact that people that do not check these threads might be wrongly updating to v5 instead of your mod or Warlion's, and then loose some functionalities/options.

All in all, I think the issue is mostly in the spirit of the different skins.

Again, just my 2cts.
(I do think no renaming should occur in Gotham versions of the skins, but that Helix versions should be renamed)
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
I think it would be really helpful to have a sticky thread that gave the status of Aeon Nox 5 from BigNoid and the main mods/forks/whatever (Warlion's, phil65's, Huh?).

I've been following the main AN5 thread, the Warlion thread, and now the phil65 thread, and I still find it hard to keep track of where things are at, what the differences are. I get that AN5 is lighter, and Warlion's is aiming for more of an AN4 experience but on Gotham (but has basically stalled in terms of development), and not clear where phil65 is going with his version.

For me, I had been using AN4 on Frodo, but now I'm awaiting a new power supply for my HTPC, and by the time it arrives I have no idea what variant of Aeon Nox I'd like to use. I've tried AN5-Gothan 13.2 on my laptop, and thinking it's a little too light for my use.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that some clarity would be helpful, in terms of naming and status.
Aeon Nox and its various iterations arent that much of an issue UNTIL you are trying them out.
I have in the latest nightly helix Aeon Nox 5, phil's Aeon nox Helix , and Warlion's version of Modded Aeon nox 4.1.9.9a further modded by _Andy_ for Helix.
unfortunately Phil's Aeon nox Helix and the Warlion one both kinda share the same addon.xml details . i tried changing them there so as to keep both of them to try but find that only one of these could be enabled at one time. my efforts to change skin names & addon details to try & get them both to show shall continue ( all suggestions are welcome )
Ideally I would want complete separate names & version's for the 2 main & further mods of them.
Aeon Nox 5 shall be Big Noid's as Phil said .
Why not just call Phil's as "Aeon "?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lets fix the naming issue, Name the skins?!?1