Audio problems with 13.2 on BoxeeBox(Linux)
Hi, I seem to have some problems with audio. Its not regarding DD passthrough(at the moment...) or dropouts during playback.

The problem is that sometimes the audio output fails when starting playback.

I have observed this with tv shows, but not movies. Have not yet tested if music works after a tv show has failed. I did test a DD passthrough after a file with mp3 audio failed, that worked.

Seems like non-passthrough audio doesnt work, after the first fail. Reboot fixes.

I have a log file at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=288160, however it is kind of large, ~35k lines. Debug logging enabled.

The last file in the log is a tv show with mp3 audio, fails. Before that is an DD passthrough that works, and beofre that is the first mp3 fail IIRC. Have also observed that AAC fails.

This is intermittent, and cant really seem to find anything correlating, other than decoding/passthrough.

Thanks, hope someone has any idea. Is the debug-logging benificial or is it to much? Shuld I try to disable debug-logging and upload new file on fail?

/Daniel
Hi, I need to bump this... Need to know if this is a generall issue, or a plattform-specifik issue, so I can try to get the attention of the right people...

I'll upload a new log-file: Hmm, doest seem to work on xbmclogs.com, says it is censoring something, and then doest upload the paste... Well, the one in the first post should still be online...

Again, this is not an issue of audi-dropouts during playback, it seems to be an issue with initializing the audio-device when starting a new file... That much I can gather from the log-file, but I need to know why, and what to do to fix it...

As said, it is intermittent, can work a whole day, and then suddenly... A reboot solves it, and the same file plays fine... Seems to be consistent between audio-codecs, mp3/aac/ac3...

Also, a new phenomenon has manifested these last days, when I start i file that fails audio-iniziation, the FPS also waaay of(to fast)...This is not present in this logfile though, but maybe it can point to a cause?

/Daniel

EDIT: Here is a new one, not as much text as the other log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=298333
BoxeeBox builds do not come from us so are not supported here, go to their forums for support as we have no knowledge about the changes done in those builds.
www.boxeed.in
Yeah, okey... I know where it is, just trying to figure out if it is in issue with the "custom" builds, the hardware or if it is an issue on other platforms as well...

I'll continue my invesrigations over there...
I'm not aware of any such issues so unless you can replicate on standard hardware using one of our official builds it's not something we are going to waste our time looking at. BoxeeBox requires a custom audio sink for that hardware that we've had no hand in, thus the part of the audio system that comes from us would be the ActiveAE core, but for what you describe it's unlikely to be this as it sounds like a sink issue.
Ah okey, thanks for that information.

Sounds like the sink thing is in the right direction, looking at the logs, there seems to be error-messges that suggests this as well..

/Daniel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problems with 13.2 on BoxeeBox(Linux)0