Linux XBMC PVR Repo missing
Hey

I've got XBMC 13.1-RC1 installed on Ubuntu Gnome 14.10. I admit that this is not a recent installation however I finally have some free time to add a PVR and some IPTV channels. I've installed the backend and all however I came to installing the frontend when I hit a bump. My XBMC copy doesn't have the XBMC PVR repo installed. I want to know how I can add it.

Thanks Smile
Use Team xbmc ppa.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-08, 11:50)fritsch Wrote: Use Team xbmc ppa.

I'm assuming you're talking about the pvr ppa... Ok, so how do I add it. Yes I am a bit new to XBMC and repos. Haven't really experimented with them yet. What I do know is that 3rd party repos are added through a zip file. Is that the same with the Team XBMC ppa? If yes, where can I find it? If no, how then?
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-addons
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-09-08, 13:41)black_eagle Wrote: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update

Unfortunately, when I input
Code:
sudo apt-get update
, the following appears:

Code:
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/dists/utopic/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/dists/utopic/main/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead

So I tried to install the pvr addons with
Code:
just in case an older repo is being used, however it wasn't located
No builds yet for 14.10 as its still in alpha. You can edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ for the ppa and change utopic to trusty. Then sudo apt-get update again.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PVR Repo missing0