Zipimporterror
hi,

i can't run any script. the windows "script output" say :
[...]
zipimport.zipimporterror:can't decompress data ; zlib not available.

i've download and re-install python pack, but without success.

can u help me, please ?
i'm having the same problem. i've been looking for a solution for a week now. there isn't any information on any of the forums. i've also tried 7 different builds both new and old.

does anyone know the requirements to run scripts? weather and xbox sleep scripts work, but thats about the only thing that works.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
i think someone on IRC found a solution which was
rename Zlib.pyd when looking for zlib.pyd
seems python is sort of case senseative.

Hope this helps
** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

donno Wrote:i think someone on IRC found a solution which was
rename Zlib.pyd when looking for zlib.pyd
seems python is sort of case senseative.

Hope this helps

Somewhat confirmed - I renamed ZLIB.PYD to zlib.pyd (had to first rename it to zlib1.pyd and then to zlib.pyd to get lower case) and the debug changed to problem with module. at this point, I realized that most of the stuff in the python folder was capitalized when it wasn't in earlier versions so i grabbed the python folder from an earlier version and replaced the new python folder with the old one. then, tetris and t3ch upgrader still didn't work. then i realized that many files in the included scripts are in CAPS. so i grabbed the xbmc scripts and ftped it to the xbox and it worked. so i think the caps issue is the problem. huge pain in the ass.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zipimporterror1