Win My first ever build!
Hi all! My first post here about my first build ever!

Xbmc runs Ok on my laptop, but it ties up my laptop so I wanted to build a dedicated htpc for this plus to play dvds/CDs and play the odd game. I am on a budget and assembled all the parts for a few cents more than 350 Canadian (not including OS). Here's what I've got coming (hopefully by Tuesday! )

Amd a6 6400k processor
MSI a55m e33 board
SanDisk 32gb ssd
4gb rip jaw ddr3 ram
asus dvd rom
USB wifi adapter
Rosewill r379m case w/psu

Can't wait to jam this together. I will add another 4gb ram and a large storage drive as money permits. Hopefully these all play nice together!
Thoughts? Thanks for the look!
That SSD is kind of small for a Windows install.
(2014-09-08, 03:15)Stereodude Wrote: That SSD is kind of small for a Windows install.

All that has to fit on it is windows and xbmc. I should be OK?
(2014-09-08, 03:31)dilton Wrote: All that has to fit on it is windows and xbmc. I should be OK?
Well, you mentioned gaming, so I figured you would need space to install them too.
(2014-09-08, 03:34)Stereodude Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 03:31)dilton Wrote: All that has to fit on it is windows and xbmc. I should be OK?
Well, you mentioned gaming, so I figured you would need space to install them too.

Oh, I see what you're saying!

The couple games I play will go on the hdd when I get one.
I wouldn't get any less than a 60gb ssd for a windows install. Games generally save to the my documents folder and xbmc's user data can take several gigs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first ever build!0