File Transfer to XBMC, having issues
Hi, fairly new to XBMC Gotham. I'd like to be able to transfer files to & from my Pi via my win 7 PC.

When I type in either a browser or a explorer bar 192.168.0.12 I get taken to a web page that displays Profiles, Remotes, Movies, TV Shows, Music .

I do not see any directory structure on my Pi, is there an easy way to get files onto the PI. I'd like to be able to change some of the skip forward & back times on my XBMC in particular as well as access the back up files I have made. Thanks for any help.
Type it into windows file explorer, not a browser.

In the bar up top that says Computer in this example.

Alternatively, does XBMC appear in the Network devices on the left?
I've been doing that directly into the address bar on file explorer, but when I hit enter it opens the web page I described. I'm not using http or anything, just the numbers direct?

Under my Network Media Devices I can see 2 XBMC (OpenElec) if I click one Windows Media Player opens & if I click the other it opens the web page as above??
I'm not completely familiar with openelec, maybe you have to enable samba/windows sharing?

Worst case, install Filezilla and copy via scp/ftp.
Ah, I already use FireFTP, where would I find the Host name for my Pi?
I presume login is XBMC & no default password?
Use the IP address. I don't know the user:pass, I'm sure it's in a wiki around here somewhere...
user: root
password: openelec

To find the ip, go to system, system info, summary
I'm still having no luck here, if I try FTP I get an unable to make connection & as said above if I try 192.168.0.12 it just opens up a browser but doesn't give me any kind of file access, Heeeyylp?
Type "\\192.168.0.12" into File Explorer.

For FTP access, enable ssh (in the OpenELEC Settings addon) and configure FireFTP to use SFTP.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, \\ that did it :-) Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Transfer to XBMC, having issues0