MCE Remote not working after recent update
I updated from Frodo to Gotham a couple weeks ago, and everything was working okay, until last night.

At some point last night the HTPC beeped at me announcing an auto-update to what i assume was a plugin. (It went by too fast for me to catch the details). Now I don't know if there is some kind of global plugin auto-update log and if there is- where I can find it- but that would be useful in troubleshooting.

The next time I tried to use the HTPC the MCE remote wouldn't work (but it did work just fine earlier yesterday morning, so I went through the normal routine, ensure it's transmitting, ensure the IR receiver is working, ensure the drivers are working, etc- during this process I also found that suddenly (after the update) the backslash key "\" no longer toggles XBMC between full screen and windowed mode, which itself is very troublesome. Finding out what changed exactly and rolling it back may fix these issues for me.

As far as I can tell- the MCE remote works fine- but XBMC is refusing to acknowledge it's there, and any configuration and trouble-shooting via remote connection (tight VNC) is a real headache now that I can't switch display modes with a keystroke. (black screen when full screen- always has been- the work around was simply to toggle to windowed mode when remoting to the otherwise mostly headless machine) I've been using XBMC for quite awhile now- but with these problems- it's become useless to me for my intended purpose. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: got the toggle fullscreen/windowed mode working again, but the remote still isn't working. Reinstalled drivers, reset default settings (MCE Remote addon), and rebooted- no joy. =(

If it's helps in the diagnosis process- it's an RC6 MCE remote recognized as eHome Infrared Transceiver

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote not working after recent update0