Is Kodi more stable than Gotham?
I'm a bit confused by the latest blog entry. It describes Kodi as more of a stablity release.

So is it more stable than Gotham final or is it a usual alpha standard release?

I guess what I'm asking is: should I install it?
Kodi is listed as alpha, so I would bet it's alpha quality. What I suspect that blog post is trying to convey is that Kodi isn't going to have any major new features (like when we got PVR support in Frodo). If you only have one machine on which to run Kodi and it has your life's work and/or things you don't want to lose, then I definitely *WOULD NOT* install Kodi right now.

P.S. I haven't used Kodi yet. I generally wait until the beta releases to even install them on my development machines and I wait until final release to put the new version of my main HTPC. So it's possible Kodi alpha is completely stable.
Thanks. It would certainly be interesting to hear from someone who's tried it.
I use it daily without problems
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Installed! Here we go...
More anecdotal fuel for your fire: Long time XBMC stable and beta build user, finding Kodi alpha 3 better than Gotham 13.x so far. 2 hours in.
I use it daily, and for the basics it is very stable.

If you rely on add-ons or skins then you may find things break from time to time (until add-on or skin authors catch up).
Used it last night to watch videos and listen to music. All clear, no issues.

My advice to anyone reading this thread is: just go for it!
For me no. I was using Alpha 3 for awhile and it would just randomly crash while sitting in the background. Went back to 13.
Gotham 13.2 running solid, spent the past week with the Alpha and had a fair bit of freezing and crashing on Win 8.1 and on Android, so I went back to 13.2 on my production systems and keep the Alpha on the tablets and on test Windows box.

If you can live with potential freezes (ie no wife or kids factor) the Alphas are always "fun".
If it freezes, what benefits is it bringing? What is better that you'd want to change in the first place?

B.
Maybe he just likes to help by testing.

Also if you look at the recent postings on HTTP://WWW.xbmc.org/ you'll see summaries of the changes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Been running it (Windows 7) for almost a week now. No more crashes than any other version of XBMC. That said: I don't do libraries or fanart. And I use XBMCLauncher - a must, otherwise I do get freezes whenever I startup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Kodi more stable than Gotham?0