can you cache the whole movies selection screen?
Hey everyone. Hows it going, i currently have an android box (kdlinks a200) with 2900 movies on it. I have looked through the advancedsettings.xml options but i didnt see anything for what i am trying to do.. when i select the movies option to bring up all my scraped movies, it takes 10 seconds to come up because of all the movies. Is there anything i can do to fix this?
Welcome to forums.

Not really, but Ill guess you on some sort of wifi? Does a wired connection help?

Things that add to this, e.g. NAS or storage went to sleep, disks need to spool up. Slow network connection like wifi, large libraries will take slightly longer than smaller libraries obviously.

One thing you can do towards cache the artwork itself is to use texturecache.py (serach forum for that) with c or C option but that wont cache the listing but will definitely improve the artwork showing up for instance.

Using less demanding skins like Default skin Confluence may also help. Or avoid using some addons that trying to access the library or perform some functions that make worst the listing time.

A Debug log (wiki) would probably give readers a better idea of what you are running and give insight into your setup.
just delete some crap already - there are hardly 2900 movies out there worth keeping Wink

i suspect you are cpu bound on the database queries. if so it would possibly be faster with a mysql sitting elsewhere.
My apologies hehe. I gave so little information . I am on a kdlinks a200 box with a built in 4tb hard drive. It has a 1ghz processor cortex a9 tech. 1 gig of memory. I have been working on revamping the kernel for the little box but it really isn't playing out like I planned. No network stuff is required given its all local media. It's a pretty darn good hd as well. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks for the current ones Smile also... it's hard finding a less resource hog of a skin that works well with an air mouse.
You just going to have to live with it. or get a real x86 htpc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can you cache the whole movies selection screen?0