Music frequently pauses
Hello there,

I'm having issues where music frequently pauses playback. I've tried some small fixes in terms of increasing bandwidth and minimizing cpu-load, but that's mainly a shot in the dark because I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=289186 (trouble starts after line 14673)

Some extra info:

-Rasp PI
-Openelec
-Frodo 12.2
-Wifi connected, music stored on wired NAS

Any clue what's going on?
Any reason for running Frodo?
Gotham became the default stable version several months ago and Frodo is no longer supported.
Well, couple of reasons. I tend not to upgrade until it reaches the *.2-mark, because in the past I had a lot of troubles after upgrading too soon.

Besides that I prefer Frodo to Gotham, and Openelec 4.0 had some issues with wifi that weren't there in 3.2.4.
I would at least try installing Gotham on another SD card and testing whether your issue is still there - if it's already fixed in Gotham there is no way anyone will expend any effort trying to fix bugs in Frodo...
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
That wouldn't work, because of the aforementioned problems OpenElec 4.0 has with my wifi. I tried Gotham when it came out, but couldn't eshtablish a wireless connection at all.

Besides: I don't suspect this to actually be a bug, because it did work fine in the past. More likely a configuration-thingy.
not sure how we could be of help here. Frodo won't get any more patches. And if you think it's a configuration issue, then temporarily rename the .xbmc folder to start with a clean install and try audio playback again. Also, get in touch with OE devs or their forums to get your WiFi issues resolved. Gotham is working so much better on the PI, so worth the trouble IMO.
Or try the latest Raspbmc to see if wifi works there.

Make sure you use the installer from the raspbmc website not a noobs installer.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Ok, I'll consider upgrading. Thanks.
Ferdi,
I experienced the same with Openelec on RPi with Gotham all wired to Synology NAS. Applied everything to lower the CPU load but even at 40% load the music would pause a few times every song.
My solution was to move storage to a USB stick. No hickups ever since.
I know what you're saying bro.

Strangest thing is that it's mostly mp3s which stutter. A 1 GB mkv runs fine with only 1 pause per hour.
what's your network protocol? Try NFS instead of SMB in case you use SMB right now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music frequently pauses0