XBMC Constantly Crashes Playing HD Streams
Hello everyone.

Everytime I try to play a HD stream from various sources, such as IceFilms, my Apple TV 2gen resets itself and boots back to the main menu crashing XBMC.

I did not experience this on XBMC 12 Frodo and when I was on OS 4.4.4.

Ever since I upgraded to Gotham and OS 5.3, it always crashes on a HD stream, SD streams play fine.

Here is my crash report: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=289355

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Any help here?
NO icefilms supports here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Doesn't matter if its IceFilms or any other streaming repo. All HD streams automatically quit out XBMC.
(2014-09-17, 21:56)cg2006 Wrote: Doesn't matter if its IceFilms or any other streaming repo. All HD streams automatically quit out XBMC.

That's all fine and dandy, but you need to provide an example that uses a source that we're allowed to talk about per our forum rules (wiki). My ATV2 hasn't been having issues on the HD content that I use, either locally or via an add-on, so I have not been able to reproduce your issue. That means I need to see an example of what is happening in your setup.

Grab an add-on or two from the default xbmc.org add-on repo from within XBMC and test it with a debug log (wiki).
I attached the crash log in the OP. Can you see what's wrong with that? Are you on 13.2? Happens on IceFilms, 1Channel, Navi-X.
All of which are banned topics. Reproduce with a local file. Post log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
cg2006 pid=[size=medium Wrote:'1802155' dateline='1411757260']
I attached the crash log in the OP. Can you see what's wrong with that? Are you on 13.2? Happens on IceFilms, 1Channel, Navi-X.
[/size] I use a ATV2 and no have problems playing HD sources i am also running on frodo 12.2 i updated my other ATV2 and everything went tits up so i down graded back to frodo 12.2 and it runs smooth i am in no hurry to update sorry i can't help you with your issueConfused

:
(2014-09-26, 20:47)cg2006 Wrote: I attached the crash log in the OP. Can you see what's wrong with that? Are you on 13.2? Happens on IceFilms, 1Channel, Navi-X.

Consider this your last warning. If you ask about these add-ons again then you're out of here.
Forget the addons the problems is when you tried to view any HD movies..
Reproduce with a local file. Post log.
(2014-09-28, 21:35)dj_seijin Wrote: Forget the addons the problems is when you tried to view any HD movies..

Then I'm unable to reproduce this when viewing HD movies on my Apple TV 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constantly Crashes Playing HD Streams0