Linux xbmcbuntu 'trusty' boots login window instead of XBMC after installing other software
I installed some software (xpra and window-switch) on my xbmcbuntu machine to remove view applications and also updated xbmc remotely from another machine over ssh xbmc to 13.2 using 'apt-get install xbmc'. Now when I boot the machine, instead of going to xbmc, the machine boots to a login prompt. Not sure which of these actions broke my setup. Let me know what I need to check. I tried going to virtual console and start xbmc from command line by typing "xbmc" at the prompt, but get errors that my display is not set ($DISPLAY is empty). I know how to set the display, but don't know what to set it to or if that is just a symptom and not the actual problem.

Version: XBMC (13.2 Git:0f3db05). Platform: x86 Linux 64-bit, Running on Linux 64-bit (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 3.13.0-27-generic x86_64)
Tried F9 and both xbmc / xbmcbuntu sessions. When I login, I get a black screen flash then back to login.
deleted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu 'trusty' boots login window instead of XBMC after installing other software0