Issue naming specials for EMM and TheRenamer
Hello, I am using EMM to catalog my movies and TV shows and I am use TheRenamer to make sure things are labeled right.

I have had this issue before and I simply put the content I couldn't catalog in a directory I could access independent of EMM but in this case I have three specials for one TV series and want to see if I can get things coded right, either with TheRenamer or manually so EMM knows what they are.

The TV series is called Downton Abbey.

In Season 2 there is a special called "Christmas at Downton Abbey". IMDB calls it S2E09. TheTVDB calls it Episode=Special and Title=Christmas at Downton Abbey

I don't know if I can use TheRenamer as all I get are "Episode Title Missing" errors. Is there something I can rename the file name to manually to get EMM to code it properly and allow it to be listed with Season 2?

In Season 3 there is a 9th episode called "A Journey to the Highlands". IMDB says it is S3E09, TheTVDB calls it Episode=Special and Title=A Journey to the Highlands

In Season 4 there is also a 9th episode that IMDB called E09 "The London Season", TheTVDB calls it Episode=Special and Title=Christmas Special which is not the right name anyway.

Regardless of what I do, TheRenamed gives me the episode title missing and haven't yet determined what EMM will do with them.

I have searched several wikis regarding what to do with specials and haven't found an answer that TheRenamer will accept or what EMM will accept assuming it is taking it's information from TheTVDB.

Help please!
Just take a look at the "Specials" Season on thetvdb.com : http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...4511&lid=7
There you find all the specials you mention with an episode number.
TVRenamer, Ember and XBMC handle specials as episodes of a fictional "Season 0"

So you should rename your file to somenthing like "Downtown.Abbey.S00E02" (for the christmas special you mentioned) and the TVRenamer and ember and xbmc will recognize it as "Christmas at Downtown Abbey"
Thanks grumbler....seems the only issue with that solution is it lumps them into a "fake" season 0 so the specials no longer are affiliated with the season the specials were in.

That is better than nothing!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue naming specials for EMM and TheRenamer0