raspbmc automation
Hi,
I also searched this topic but couldn't find a straight answer:
- I would like to create a video looper unatteded with raspbmc, is it possible to add RSS news in front of the playing movies ?? like tickers ?? Maybe like news channels in TV, that shows something, but always has a ticker below showing news ??
- Second question: I already managed to autostart movie playing. Is it possible to randomize addons ? For example, show a video, then a weather addon for 15seconds, then come back to play 3-4 movies ?? And keep going this loop ?

Thanks a lot

Alexandre Amato
www.vascular.pro
Adding an RSS ticker on top of video playback should be possible by making custom code changes to a skin.

If you haven't played around with skinning on XBMC it might take a little while to learn enough to be able to figure out how to do it though.

I would start with a simple skin like confluence and study the xml files within the skin folder, (search for 'rss' to find the existing rss ticker code) referring to the following:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skinning

It might also be worth asking for help in the skinning section of the forum - an experienced skin coder may know how to do it off the top of their head. Your question is not raspberry Pi specific so may not get much attention here.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
raspbmc automation0