Hifiberry no sound
(2014-09-11, 16:20)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 16:09)DoubleVries Wrote: OpenELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 3.14.8 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jun 25 14:36:42 CEST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

This is a *very* old kernel for a Milhouse build.
Your update procedure is not working...

Just bought a brand new micro sd card, to install a fresh installation of "OpenELEC Beta - Raspberry Pi ARM Version:4.1.6"

Also created /etc/modules-load.d/hifiberry.conf, after a reboot I see now the ALSA option!! But when I choose this option, the system hangs.
I will look into this further and keep you imformed..
Now I created this file:
/storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-lirc.conf

containing:
blacklist lirc_rpi

After a reboot, I selected ALSA and finally it's working! Aerosmith is playing right now! Big Grin

I think the problems was that I used a micro sd card + USB stick.I bought this pre-installed from a webshop
Like I said before. I think this sd card doesn't get updated. That's why I bought a new micro sd card.

I have this output now:

OpenELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 3.16.2 #1 PREEMPT Sat Sep 6 18:24:28 CEST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

Does the Hifiberry only play mp3's? When I start a movie, the sound is comming from the monitor (HDMI)?
(2014-09-11, 17:42)DoubleVries Wrote: Does the Hifiberry only play mp3's? When I start a movie, the sound is comming from the monitor (HDMI)?

Try disabling "omxplayer" in settings/video/acceleration (although this is meant to be automatic).
(2014-09-11, 17:58)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 17:42)DoubleVries Wrote: Does the Hifiberry only play mp3's? When I start a movie, the sound is comming from the monitor (HDMI)?

Try disabling "omxplayer" in settings/video/acceleration (although this is meant to be automatic).

In settings/video/acceleration I have these options:
Decoding method -> Hardware accelerated (of Software accelerated)
Allow hardware acceleration (OpenMax)

Should I disable OpenMax? I did btw, but no difference. When I play a movie I get sound from HDMI and mp3 from the Hifiberry.
(2014-09-11, 18:26)DoubleVries Wrote: In settings/video/acceleration I have these options:
Decoding method -> Hardware accelerated (of Software accelerated)
Allow hardware acceleration (OpenMax)

Sounds like you are not using the latest version. Are you using build #0910 from:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1791686
At this moment I'm using:

OpenELEC (official) Version: 4.1.6

OpenELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 3.16.2 #1 PREEMPT Sat Sep 6 18:24:28 CEST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

OpenELEC:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC (official) - Version: 4.1.6

OpenELEC:~ # vcgencmd version
Sep 4 2014 16:52:09
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 2563b1662eca44dd77f49587fc3f3a4a290597c6 (tainted) (release)

Should I update to build #0910?
(2014-09-11, 20:46)DoubleVries Wrote: Should I update to build #0910?

You can stay with stable. You can play videos with dvdplayer using context menu then "play using dvdplayer" which should have audio.
You can make dvdplayer the default with advancedsettings.xml.

Milhouse's build #0910 should automatically use dvdplayer when using alsa, and has a number of improvements, but it is a test build using Helix which means you may find bugs and add-ons may not work if they haven't been updated.
Just installed build #0910.

Now I get the option to disable "omxplayer" in settings / video / acceleration

When I disable the "omxplayer" I get sound from the Hifiberry, when I play a video, but the sound is
schokking (Is that correct in English? I'm from the Netherlands btw.). The sound goes in fits and starts.
I hope you understand what I mean. It's difficult to discribe.
(2014-09-11, 21:51)DoubleVries Wrote: Just installed build #0910.

Now I get the option to disable "omxplayer" in settings / video / acceleration

When I disable the "omxplayer" I get sound from the Hifiberry, when I play a video, but the sound is
schokking (Is that correct in English? I'm from the Netherlands btw.). The sound goes in fits and starts.
I hope you understand what I mean. It's difficult to discribe.

The problem above do not happen every time. For example, if I convert a DVD to * .MKV then it sounds good.

I'll go even further testing, with the sound. Thanks so far!

What I don't understand is that OpenElec starts with an error, when booting. Here is the output:

---

OpenELEC:~ # systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
? systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 1970-01-01 01:00:06 CET; 44 year
s 8 months ago
Docs: manConfusedystemd-modules-load.service(8)
man:modules-load.d(5)
Process: 128 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, sta
tus=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 128 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomple
te or unavailable.

---
Try removing "snd_soc_bcm2708" from your hifiberry.conf - this module doesn't exist and is probably causing the exit status.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-09-11, 23:35)Milhouse Wrote: Try removing "snd_soc_bcm2708" from your hifiberry.conf - this module doesn't exist and is probably causing the exit status.

Yes, this works! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hifiberry no sound0