Stuttering video on files encoded with HandBrake nightlies
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the following...

When watching a video that has been encoded with a HandBrake nightly there appears to be some stuttering. I use the Raspberry Pi as a media centre so decided that I needed to rule out networking etc. I have tuned this as much as I see fit now and still see the problem. I then copied a sample of the affected file to the SD card and still saw the problem there. This stuttering doesn't necessarily have to be in high action scenes either.

Sample files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ieOL...authuser=0

I have since narrowed this down to be only a side effect of using HandBrake versions after 5889svn. 5890svn introduced using avformat-based muxers as the default. The files play fine on my laptop using VLC. I have had it confirmed that this does also affect XBMC on other platforms as well (popcornmix on the OSMC forums has said that he can see the stuttering on his Ubuntu machine running latest XMBC - he also noted that it was more marked when "adjust display refresh to match video framerate" was enabled).

I've written a bash script and identified the files I have that were encoded with affected versions of HandBrake and am in the process of re-encoding.

Is this something that anyone else has seen? Is this a known issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering video on files encoded with HandBrake nightlies0