13.2 installation deleted weeks of work !!
For what its worth, I have had excellent results recovering stuff for people using the software from here -> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk You may not get it all back, but it might help relieve a bit of the pain.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-09-11, 13:26)jjd-uk Wrote: But isn't that solved as mentioned by Martijn by copying the contents of the Vortex system folder into the the Vortex userdata folder in a similar fashion to what you would do with keymaps (as you never should edit keymaps in the system folder either), so what's in the userdata folder overrides what's in the system folder.

My custom keymaps are under userdata\keymaps not in the install folder

(2014-09-11, 13:30)bobones Wrote: I wouldn't have been able to make the same mistake because the system folders are in usr.sqsh and mounted read-only in my platform (MX Linux).

Then you cannot also add new presets to Vortex, since they are located there.

Thank you all for all the advice. I found I had a restore point a few days back, were I could find my work, not just as up to date as it was yesterday, but it really saves the day, since the completion is much smaller now.

I also had one restore point just after the XBMC 13.2 update. I wonder if this is WIndows who triggered it or the installer. In any case it would be worth considering the installer to trigger a restore point creation before it starts copying in the new files.
All I meant by the remark is that the normal process is that anything that needs to be modified should be copied across to the userdata folder, keymaps as you have already done was given as an example, nothing should ever be modified from within the install directory. However from a quick test on a work PC, copying the Vortex addon across to userdata and modifying the Presets folder contents doesn't appear to work, so perhaps this method is not valid for addons or at least only limited to certain types.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
13.2 installation deleted weeks of work !!0