Android Best android EPG remote app for WMC
Hi Everybody,

Have been using WMC with XBMC for close to a year now and I have to say that this addon has delivered the most significant single improvement to my home HTPC distributed setup since I started all this about 10 years ago. Amazing work from all of you guys!

Although I don't mind scheduling recordings and using the EPG on XBMC, I think it would be better to be able to use my large screen 'phablet' or perhaps even purchase a tablet so I can look through the WMC EPG that way. The idea of using my fingers to navigate the EPG and using touchscreen to schedule recordings appeals to me.

So my question is, what do you all think is the best WMC android app for achieving this? I have looked at the Ceton 'My Media Center' and the 'Remote Media Center HD' and I also see a few others on the google play store. I see that Remote Media Center HD uses remote potato as the backend, but I have read other threads where people have problems with WMC working with both potato and XBMC. I have also seen Yatse but that doesn't seem very clear on how well it supports PVR.

Basically just looking to see what others are using and what provides the most reliable and best interface experience. I understand this is not related to XBMC or ServerWMC directly but thought a few people might have already have tackled this.

Thanks in advance!
I use the Ceton app and it works quite well for me.
Much better than just using WMC at least.
I have not tried doing that from xbmc as I still use
WMC from my Windows pc clients.
Just my personal experience
ferretlegs, nice to hear from you again. the only problem I am aware of with couch potato and xbmc/serverwmc is that serverwmc uses the same default port number as CP for socket connections, last I checked anyway(9080), I think as long as you change it in either app you should not have a problem. Or if there is another problem, let me know what it is.

If you are wondering why we use the same port number, I'm not sure how that happened either.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I use the Media Browser web client.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
Thanks for the suggestions, looks like the standard apps are what people are using - no secret gems I wasn't aware of. Am playing around with Remote Media Center with remote potato and seems to be a good EPG solution at this point. One thing to know for others is that the RMC mobile app doesn't seem to like playing ball with non standard ports, would only work properly using 9080 (after much stuffing around to find this out!). Had to change serverwmc port in the end to accommodate this annoying problem, but am pleased to say serverwmc had no such problems working on another port straight away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best android EPG remote app for WMC0