Win XBMC on NUC DN2820FYKH, No passthrough output device
Hi I just got my NUC DN2820....

For what ever reason I could not get OpenELEC instaled on it. Even thought the BIOS was updated and I have followed EVERY instruction on the forum planet to get this resolved. Finally gave up and decided to have windows 8.1 based XBMC. Installed 8.1 successfully and installed the latest version of XBMC as well. Now the problem is I do not see Passthrough out put device. neither do I see DTS capable reciever or True HD capable reciever or anything. I would like to tell all I have a DENON X 1000 reciever, and another C2D based HTPC on GT440, where I see all these options available.

On NUC all I see is out put device, number of channels (which is 5.1) keep audio device alive, play gui sound and thats it all other options that I see in my other HTPC are not there. The only difference is the other HTPC is OpenELEC bases, and since I could not get openelec installed on NUC I have windows based XBMC.

I would also like to tell, that when I play a movie it does give 5.1 sound, but my receiver shows Multichannel instead of DTS or DolbyDigital on the display. Windows dound properties is configured as 5.1 and a test clearly plays audio in each speaker so windows is configured fine.

DIRECT SOUND: HDMI - DENON-AVR (Intel ® Display Audio)
WASAPI:HDMI - DENON-AVR (Intel ® Display Audio)

what ever I choose makes no difference ....

I have no idea where the problem is. why XBMC is not shown all those options and passthrough. PLEASE HELP
XBMC Client:OS: WIN7 64-Bit CPU: [email protected] GhzGPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440
XBMC Version: 11 EDEN Skin: NEON
NAS Server:OS: Unraid Plus CPU: AMD Athalon X2 3Ghz
Storage: 5 TB
OK it was a small issue

.... I have to enable advance setting ..... which when done, showed me all the the options .....
XBMC Client:OS: WIN7 64-Bit CPU: [email protected] GhzGPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440
XBMC Version: 11 EDEN Skin: NEON
NAS Server:OS: Unraid Plus CPU: AMD Athalon X2 3Ghz
Storage: 5 TB
You wont get true hd with windows, need openelec for that
I just bought a NUC DN2820FYKH and installed Openelec without a problem.

updated the BIOS, put sata in legacy mode
Booted fom a usb stick with a intel openelec version

I have the -101 version of the DN2820FYKH with a n2820 and not the n2830 version with Quick Sync enabled

pass thrue no probleem if selected correct in OE and supported by your receiver
it shows me the DTS HD MA logo in the display of my receiver, so i'm happy

I hope this helps some body.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on NUC DN2820FYKH, No passthrough output device0