Solved Thumbnails not showing properly
I just moved my entire movie library to a new hard drive. I followed instructions I found online, and everything worked out great.
The movies and tv shows work fine, the thumbnails in list view and the posters show OK.
Just one thing, when I open a movie, the thumbnail does not show up in the movie view window.

How can I rebuilt the thumbnail database? It would be better if I didn't have to download them again..

I tried deleting textures13.db, but for some reason after the deletion XBMC only generates thumbnails for newly added movies, not all..
So....?
Please try to be a little patient if you not willing to search around forums for the answer <click on it FYI, this is indeed a international community where everyone volunteers and the answers do come in due time. Smile
(2014-09-12, 15:19)uNiversal Wrote: Please try to be a little patient if you not willing to search around forums for the answer <click on it FYI, this is indeed a international community where everyone volunteers and the answers do come in due time. Smile

Thank you for your reply.
Actually I've looked thoroughly for the answer. I found the thread you linked, but wasn't able to know how it works, so it didn't solve my problem.

Is there anyway to regenerate the whole thing?
So you deleted your Textures13.db, but you didn't delete your Thumbnails folder?

If you're going to wipe your thumbnails, you need to delete both and delete them together so that the entire "texture caching system" is in sync.

Aside from deleting everything, another option is to use the script uNiversal has pointed you too. With it you can correct errors in your texture cache without erasing everything, and also use it to pre-load the texture cache with any uncached artwork ("regenerate" in your words):

A typical session to fix and pre-load the texture cache would be as follows:
Code:
./texturecache.py Xd
./texturecache.py R
./texturecache.py P
./texturecache.py c

The above would work on any Linux system, although you'll need to install Python on a Windows system.

You can look up the function of each step in the release thread.

Of course any remote (http://) artwork your media libary may be referencing will not be re-cached if the artwork is no longer available (site offline, artwork removed etc.) so expect to see some artwork that can't be re-cached, particularly cast thumbnails and (if you're got music) album/artist artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you for your reply.. I am working on a Mac OS X, so I couldn't get that solution to work. I did however figure a workaround to fix the issue..

First of all, the problem is caused by the library export system in XBMC, when one export his library, he should import it from the same export directory, and does not move it at all..

The workaround SOLUTION:
-I exported my library to a single file, to a directory that I will keep the folder their and not move it at all.
-I deleted the thumbnails folder, all of the MyVideosXX.db files, and all of the TexturesXX.db files.
-I imported the library again from the same export directory.

Now XBMC will import the movies with all of their information "including watch status", and will import most of the thumbnails and arts. The rest will get downloaded, which fixes the original issue "not being downloaded"..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails not showing properly0