Dim and Black screensaver causes audio drop out
Hello,

I use Xbian, but I believe this is common issue for other xbmc based systems.
When screensaver starts/stops there is audio dropout while playing audio.
This issue includes "Dim" and "Black" screensaver. In fact "Black" screensaver starts with dim, so I think dimming is the root cause.

Is it known issue ?
Can we have workaround for this, for example black screensaver without dimming phase ?

Best regards
Is this with audio over HDMI, as I've never heard (literally) of such a problem (OpenELEC/Helix).

Are you using analog audio? USB audio? Is this with all media? Have you tried OpenELEC or Raspbmc to see if they have the same problem?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This is with HDMI and ALSA (hifiberry) audio . I never checked analog output.
I have this issue with FLAC playback. I didn't try OpenELEC nor Raspbmc.

Maybe this is caused by my setup.
I use callbacks plugin (https://github.com/pilluli/service.xbmc.callbacks) and LCDproc plugin.

I will try to disable all those plugins and do more tests with different media, different screensavers.
Just recheck again, it seems to be my mistake.
HDMI (OMXPlayer) playback is not affected. There is only problem with ALSA (PAPlayer) audio.
Sounds like buffer underflow during system heavy load.
Sorry for confusion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dim and Black screensaver causes audio drop out0