How to exclude a video from scanning.
Hello, I have Movies library and each movie has more than one version or copy such as (DVDrip, BDrip)
and I want only the Blu-ray copy to be shown in XBMC
yet I removed the other copy that I don't want but every time I make scan for new content the other copy come back.
So can I exclude some videos from scanning?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...k_settings
Thank you, but what I understood it in (advancedsettings.xml) file
that I can only exclude specific video formats not by my choice.

I hope to get more explanation if that excluding is possible.
Add something like this to your advancedsettings.xml file.

Code:
<video>
  <excludefromscan action="append">
    <regexp>dvdrip</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>

Note sure it will work but i with a few adjustments to the actual regexp (See
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Reg...)_Tutorial for more information) you're able to exclude whatever you want from the scan.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Treat the other versions as extras and use video extras addon.

Or ask yourself why you are keeping multiple versions?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-12, 11:32)vdrfan Wrote: Add something like this to your advancedsettings.xml file.

Code:
<video>
  <excludefromscan action="append">
    <regexp>dvdrip</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>

Note sure it will work but i with a few adjustments to the actual regexp (See
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Reg...)_Tutorial for more information) you're able to exclude whatever you want from the scan.

Unfortunately, this code does not work.
I have wrote the code with the replacement of the word "dvdrp" to folder name .. But that way did not work.
thank you.

(2014-09-12, 12:47)nickr Wrote: Treat the other versions as extras and use video extras addon.

Or ask yourself why you are keeping multiple versions?

Could you tell me how to treat the videos as Extras?

I'll tell you what .. not just the other versions that I want to remove them, see this screenshot image I have Blu-ray version of movie and all the other files are shown I don't know how to hide them?

Thank you after all.
post your filenames for all your "prisoners" versions.

once you have a working regexp for that, you would have to have the same naming scheme throughout all your files.
(2014-09-13, 00:11)helta Wrote: post your filenames for all your "prisoners" versions.

once you have a working regexp for that, you would have to have the same naming scheme throughout all your files.

This is one of the files names: 00011

and this is the code that I supposed to put the file name in side it, but I don't know exactly the correct position.

Code:
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>

Could you tell me where should I put the file name?
and thank you.
That doesn't show us a lot. Perhaps show us your exact file layout including full path.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
actually the folder has a lot of files, you know because that is a original Blu Ray version.

See this folder has the files that shown in XBMC:

and look at here these are two of the path of the shown files in XBMC:

I hope that will help to find out a solution,
thanks again for your cooperation.
Untick 'Scan recursively'?
(2014-09-14, 20:33)Hitcher Wrote: Untick 'Scan recursively'?

But I need to make scan every time when I download new movies!

Is there any possible way to avoid some folders from scanning?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to exclude a video from scanning.1