XBMCBunto install keeps rebooting
Hi all,

I'm new to XBMC and Ubunto/Linux, which may be the reason I'm struggling a bit here, so bare with me.

I have an "old" Dell Inspiron Zino HD pc (AMD PHENOM II X3 P860, 4GB ram, 1 GB ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 5 etc,) on which I'm trying to install XBMCBunto. I've downloaded the iso file, version 13.0, and tried to install from bootable USB as well as from a bootable DVD. I've tried different tools to create the bootable USB. I've tried tweaking every possible BIOS setting, not many to choose from though. I've tried adding parameters such as nomodeset, noacpi, acpi=off etc.

No luck.

The boot menu comes up fine, but when I select any option, whether to install or or just try, the machine just reboots after a while. Removing the "quiet" parameter I can see that it completes loading of /casper/initrd.lz and immediately after that it reboots.

As a test I tried running a normal Ubunto (no XBMC) from the same USB stick and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Anyone?
Have you tried the new XBMCbuntu version? 13.2 is stable at the moment.
(2014-10-08, 12:05)David1977 Wrote: Have you tried the new XBMCbuntu version? 13.2 is stable at the moment.

Thanks David, I would, but I can only download the version 13.0 iso file for the installation. It seems version 13.2 and even 14 is obtained by updating manually after installation of version 13. Or mayby I'm mistaking?
No. All fine.

For your issue: Boot with nomodeset Parameter. Then upgrade to kernel 3.17 and remove the grub param again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBunto install keeps rebooting0