Which hardware + software for existing case Origen X15e Case
Hi there, I would like to start building my first XBMC based HTC. from an older project based on VDR I have an existing Origen X15e case with touchscreen and 7" displaywhich I would like to use for this HTC. Drivers are available for WIndows and Linux.
Moreover I would like to integrate TV. As I read here there is an option to integrate this by adding tvheadend plugin and put e.g. tv-cards on the existing home server, running on Debian Linux.
Very important for me is, that it is possible to zap quickly through the TV channels without waiting time until system tunes to a new tv channel

I went through hardware and software info from this board but I´m not sure how to start.
So my fist questions are:

1) If I use the case described above, is there a plugin etc. to show some information on this seperate 7" display? It would be great if I could navigate throug music libraries or internet radio with this small screen without activating the big TV screen. I´ve heard about yatse2 which looks great, but then as I understand I´m limited to use Windows as a OS (which I don´t like)

2) I like the possibilities of VDR and I would like to inegrate. As I saw there are more options to do so e.g. based on Ubuntu. Is there any existing and and up to date stable distribution which covers both, XBMC and VDR out of the box?

3) Are there options to integrate CAM or softcam to view crypted channels?

4) By using a second screen I´m expecting to be limited by working hardware / OS combinations for that. So what is a good recomendation for hardware / OS combination to build a XMBC HTC with features described above? (2. screen / VDR / TV integration / maybe VDR / CAM for crypted channels)

Thank you very much for any feedback!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which hardware + software for existing case Origen X15e Case0