animations with fliters/mattes
Hi ,

been trying to put some animation effects over poster artwork, and want to limited what animation is shown by making a matte/alpha outside of that artwork so you only see what moves over the actual artwork.

Code:
                                <control type="image">
                                    <left>750</left>
                                    <top>0</top>
                                    <width>538</width>
                                    <height>772</height>
                                    <texture>special://skin/extras/backgrounds/Dark/animated_poster.png</texture>
                                    <animation effect="slide" start="-2000,0" time="7000" loop="true" condition="True">Conditional</animation>    
                                </control>

This ^ works for the animation over the artwork.
I was trying to add the matte by using the diffuse command like this :

Code:
                                <control type="image">
                                    <left>750</left>
                                    <top>0</top>
                                    <width>538</width>
                                    <height>772</height>
                                    <texture diffuse="special://skin/extras/backgrounds/Dark/shine_filter.png">special://skin/extras/backgrounds/Dark/animated_poster.png</texture>
                                    <aspectratio align="center" scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
                                    <animation effect="slide" start="-2000,0" time="7000" loop="true" condition="True">Conditional</animation>    
                                </control>

but the matte is stuck to the image i'm animating , is there any way of moving the image but locking the matte , so the image is only shown at certain points of its' animation ?

thanks for any help
Not possible unfortunately.
Ok thanks,
Is there a way to limit the area of the screen that a texture is drawn ? Sort of a bounding box type thing ? I could get something working with that. Long shot probably
Not really. Masks are one of those long wanted skinning features alongside blur and desaturate.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks , good to know its on the wish list.

Is it going to be an upcoming feature of a new release ? The ability to use mattes seems like such a fundamental ability.
Just a wish at the moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
animations with fliters/mattes0