• 35(current)
Mod [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library
(2015-03-29, 00:11)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 13:49)Crueltylizer Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply.

I just installed the skin and I'm absolutely in love with it. It is simply stunning, easy to navigate and the different "Views" are great.

Sadly my Synology disk don't support MB server yet, but maybe at some point it will.

But the skin works well with Native Kodi Library, so thanks for that.

Well the good news is a few of us have been working on a new addon that syncs your Emby (formerly MediaBrowser) library with the native Kodi one Smile it's in the final stages of Alpha testing and will be released any day soon. I have to say it works brilliantly, allowing the use of any Kodi skin with the greatness of the Emby server for managing your media in one Central place.

I'm also told that the synology version is very close..so keep an eye out Wink

That's actually pretty awesome! Might be the missing piece of the puzzle to finally move me off plex Wink
(2015-03-29, 00:11)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 13:49)Crueltylizer Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply.

I just installed the skin and I'm absolutely in love with it. It is simply stunning, easy to navigate and the different "Views" are great.

Sadly my Synology disk don't support MB server yet, but maybe at some point it will.

But the skin works well with Native Kodi Library, so thanks for that.

Well the good news is a few of us have been working on a new addon that syncs your Emby (formerly MediaBrowser) library with the native Kodi one Smile it's in the final stages of Alpha testing and will be released any day soon. I have to say it works brilliantly, allowing the use of any Kodi skin with the greatness of the Emby server for managing your media in one Central place.

I'm also told that the synology version is very close..so keep an eye out Wink

That sounds amazing! I will definitely keep an eye out for that one.

EDIT: I just saw the Arctic Zephyr skin and I must admit I'm having a hard time deciding which one to use. What changes have you made to the theme? Additional views or only Emby integration? Does your mod work without Emby on Artic?
(2015-03-29, 02:30)eskay993 Wrote: That's actually pretty awesome! Might be the missing piece of the puzzle to finally move me off plex Wink

I'm pretty sure it will! It's released now in beta stage and available to install from the beta repo, check out here for details: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...open-beta/

(2015-03-29, 17:11)Crueltylizer Wrote: That sounds amazing! I will definitely keep an eye out for that one.

EDIT: I just saw the Arctic Zephyr skin and I must admit I'm having a hard time deciding which one to use. What changes have you made to the theme? Additional views or only Emby integration? Does your mod work without Emby on Artic?

Yeah I have totally fallen for Arctic Zephyr, the customisation possibilitys are endless...just discovered you can add any addon you like (think Amazon prime, Youtube, etc) as a custom widget on the homescreen...mind blowing!!

I did create a Emby version but that's not needed anymore with the new addon mentioned above as you can use any Kodi Skin...however I do have a modded version in the beta repo which so far adds bbc IPlayer widgets, support for ExtraFanart, redesigned EPG view (based on this skin) and I'm sure I'll be adding more as time progresses Smile
im85288,

I am very happy to read about this addon !!!
It was all I wanted !!! Because I use the constellation and I miss that option!

Let me know when it will be released!
I'm already using ...
(2015-04-01, 01:49)iorifly Wrote: I'm already using ...

Great!! It's still beta so has one or two bugs, but we will get them resolved soon Smile
Hi

Can someone please explain how the Kodi / Emby integration works?

I am currently running Kodi Helix (OpenElec) on my HTPCs with a centralised MySQL database on my Windows file server. And I am using the standard Xperience1080 skin for Kodi.

I am wanting to now add Emby Server mainly for remote access to the media content. But I am unsure how to go about the integration, I posted on this thread here on the Emby forum with my questions.

Many thanks.
I seen your thread has had a lot of responses..basically there's no need for a MySQL setup with the new Emby addon. It makes sure to keep the local Kodi database in sync with your media on the server. So for example watch something in the living room, stop half way through..go to another device and continue whete you left off! All of this info is sent to your Emby server meaning any client is up to date

I've also spotted you mentioned things like artwork Downloader and cdart manager..you'll never need to use those addons again! The Emby server gets your artwork automatically saving lots of stress.
Thanks for the reply.

So will I still be able to use my current kodi skin? Which is the standard Xperience1080.

I will have to look in to dropping the Mysql then and just let each kodi PC use its default local SQLite database again.
Will this skin still work in Kodi 15? Can I upgrade safely, I don't want another skin then 1080XF!
(2015-06-25, 20:04)Doeloe Wrote: Will this skin still work in Kodi 15? Can I upgrade safely, I don't want another skin then 1080XF!

1080XF is a theme that I created for Xperience1080. I then tookover Xperience1080 and renamed it 1080XF. I then reverted that and set the default textures to Xperience1080 with 1080XF as an alternative theme.

You can select the 1080XF textures by going to Settings -> Appearance -> Theme -> 1080xf (or 'alternative' if using v4+)

1080XF MB3 is a version created with additional views and mods. It will still mostly work in 15, however, you will see some issues.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Thanks for your reply Piers. I much appreciate what you have done with this skin. For me no other skin matches the same look and functionality. You mentioned some issues will occur with 15 ... Will you work on these issues again when they appear?

Ps I use the kodi library.
(2015-06-26, 10:22)Doeloe Wrote: Thanks for your reply Piers. I much appreciate what you have done with this skin. For me no other skin matches the same look and functionality. You mentioned some issues will occur with 15 ... Will you work on these issues again when they appear?

Ps I use the kodi library.

This mod (1080XF MB3) is dead, as far as I'm aware. Xperience1080 will continue to work, version 4 currently works in 15 without an issue. I haven't submitted it to the repository yet. Or, if you're using 14, then you can install 3.5 from the repository.

Try looking at the sticky threads at the top of this sub-forum, you can find out far more information there.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Yup the mod is dead...maybe someone else want's to carry it on?

Is so PM me
would be great if someone can takeover this skin and do more with it , i love the layout of it
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library6