• 9(current)
Mod [MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library
Version 3.0.53 has been released

This one adds a new Weather widget to show weather maps when available and weather alerts. To use this install the new openweatherextended weather addon (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=207110) that will be the replacement of weather wunderground. This will also give a 14 day weather forecast, instead of the 10 from wundergeound.

One more inclusion in this version is for OpenElec users. You can now access the openelec config settings dialog from the Settings menu, the dialog is now skinned to match this skin.

im85288,
  You changed something in keyboard shortcut? My control this constellation with a dead option ...
   I could call the main menu screen starting constellation now nothing happens .... you changed something?

(2014-10-24, 23:40)iorifly Wrote: im85288,
  You changed something in keyboard shortcut? My control this constellation with a dead option ...
   I could call the main menu screen starting constellation now nothing happens .... you changed something?

No nothing changed, but did you set your keyboard in the International section? This must be done as of the recent Helix releases.

I refer here to my earlier post on where to set it:

And lastly, for those on the most recent Helix releases you need to set the type of keyboard in the International section for it to appear correctly. You can now choose from many different layouts which is pretty cool.

Ok, disregard the post ... I think I'm going crazy ... it seems nothing has changed ... LOLOL
Just installed this skin on a clean Helix Alpha 5, looks very very good.

I have a couple bugs, and a couple questions. Some could be skin related, or Alpha related, I don't know which.

Bug) Subtitle add-on button to assign the addon does nothing.
Bug) Some of the view type settings seem to be linked. If using thumbnail view at TV show level and Season level, the option such as 'big/small thumbs' has the effect on both view levels.
Bug) When in Banner view at episode level (not tried on others) when scrolling between episodes, above and below the episode thumbnail, as it loads, there are very fine flashing white lines, almost as if the thumbnail is not fully fitting the mask. The white lines disappear after a second of flashing but is repeated on each move to a new episode.
Bug) If trying to change the dim value of the screensaver you can use the left/right to change the dim level, but cannot get to the 'OK' button to save the change.
Bug) If hiding Applications window, there is still the issue of the windows becoming very small as mentioned a few pages back.

Question) How do you enable the weather maps or change the unit of temperature? The weather settings for openweathermap extended re very basic, no options for images, maps etc.
Question) How do I add mediaportal PVR addons to my Live install? None included in the alpha 5 release, so cannot enable LiveTV.

Thanks
I just installed Helix to check out this skin. I am loving the wider widgets! I have a few bugs and some humble requests.

I prefer the "info list" view. However, in the TV Shows section, the unwatched indicators overlap the 01x01, 01x02 etc. (Edit: this is already fixed)

There is also some visual glitch in the settings section, near the bottom of this image (or maybe this is intended. If so, I apologize):

Over to the very humble requests.

Although I am seriously DIGGING the wide widgets for movies and TV shows (I can finally see the entire image, not just the middle part!), I find that they are more unhelpful than otherwise when it comes to music. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I still mentally visualize my music collection as a set of albums, each with a distinct album cover. The spotlight widget showing suggested albums is great for when I'm not sure what to listen to. However, seeing some image of the artist is not as helpful. Also, when multiple albums by the same artist show up, it looks a little odd:

and then

So if there was an option to use album covers instead of artist fantart (and ideally a rectangular widget too), I would be very grateful! If you do not want to make it an option, I do not at all mind going into the code and making the changes myself. I would, however, need to be shown which lines to change.

Finally, I find that the original skin handled the right hand fanart better: compare this:
to this:
The big empty space beneath the image is (in my opinion) not an improvement.

Okay, so that was my feedback. I hope I don't come across as rude or demanding! It is of course up to you, im85288, if you want to take any of the feedback into consideration.
Quote:I prefer the "info list" view. However, in the TV Shows section, the unwatched indicators overlap the 01x01, 01x02 etc.:

do you have the newest version installed? this was fixed a few days ago.
(2014-10-26, 20:56)Nafi Wrote:
Quote:I prefer the "info list" view. However, in the TV Shows section, the unwatched indicators overlap the 01x01, 01x02 etc.:

do you have the newest version installed? this was fixed a few days ago.

I totally hadn't! Please accept my apologies, I am an idiot.
@im85288
I know it is not tread about 1080++ but You don't answer my messages.
I have a big request. I love 1080++ skin but repository link is not correct. Could You give me access to the newest version. I was only able to download version 2.6.5
(2014-10-27, 15:35)kimsim Wrote: @im85288
I know it is not tread about 1080++ but You don't answer my messages.
I have a big request. I love 1080++ skin but repository link is not correct. Could You give me access to the newest version. I was only able to download version 2.6.5

Hi, this version is much better...but the last version I have is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4689...3.0.51.zip
(2014-10-25, 17:09)t2ffn Wrote: Just installed this skin on a clean Helix Alpha 5, looks very very good.

I have a couple bugs, and a couple questions. Some could be skin related, or Alpha related, I don't know which.

Bug) Subtitle add-on button to assign the addon does nothing. - I do not use this so cannot say if it is a skin problem or not, do others experience the same?
Bug) Some of the view type settings seem to be linked. If using thumbnail view at TV show level and Season level, the option such as 'big/small thumbs' has the effect on both view levels. - Strange, something must be getting mixed up there.
Bug) When in Banner view at episode level (not tried on others) when scrolling between episodes, above and below the episode thumbnail, as it loads, there are very fine flashing white lines, almost as if the thumbnail is not fully fitting the mask. The white lines disappear after a second of flashing but is repeated on each move to a new episode. - This did not happen for me, though I do use MediaBrowser so possibly a kodi problem..again are others getting this.
Bug) If trying to change the dim value of the screensaver you can use the left/right to change the dim level, but cannot get to the 'OK' button to save the change. - Is this something in the skin..I need to find where that is.
Bug) If hiding Applications window, there is still the issue of the windows becoming very small as mentioned a few pages back. - It may do that when you initially hide it as the skin gets confused...it can be reset by going to the "power" button and pressing down twice. After that it should be fine.

Question) How do you enable the weather maps or change the unit of temperature? The weather settings for openweathermap extended re very basic, no options for images, maps etc.
Question) How do I add mediaportal PVR addons to my Live install? None included in the alpha 5 release, so cannot enable LiveTV.

Thanks

Thanks, it's coming on quite nicely now. I added a comment to the bugs you mentioned above.

The weather maps are shown when you navigate into the weather section, currently this will only show when you have weather fanart set. The idea being that as you navigate the top menu it shows you the weather fanart..but when you go into the weather section you see the maps and any weather alerts if needed (have not been able to test that part yet!). The openweathermap extended addon is really, really new (about 3 days old!) so will be very basic at the start...having said that I found it quite cool. You can go into the settings and set the "Map zoom level" which in turn is reflected on the weather widget..so you can make it show the whole world if you set the zoom level far enough out.

As for PVR addons..no idea, I would ask in the Live TV section

Have a look at the same one on different zoom levels:

(2014-10-26, 20:11)eirki Wrote: I just installed Helix to check out this skin. I am loving the wider widgets! I have a few bugs and some humble requests.

I prefer the "info list" view. However, in the TV Shows section, the unwatched indicators overlap the 01x01, 01x02 etc. (Edit: this is already fixed)

There is also some visual glitch in the settings section, near the bottom of this image (or maybe this is intended. If so, I apologize):

Over to the very humble requests.

Although I am seriously DIGGING the wide widgets for movies and TV shows (I can finally see the entire image, not just the middle part!), I find that they are more unhelpful than otherwise when it comes to music. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I still mentally visualize my music collection as a set of albums, each with a distinct album cover. The spotlight widget showing suggested albums is great for when I'm not sure what to listen to. However, seeing some image of the artist is not as helpful. Also, when multiple albums by the same artist show up, it looks a little odd:

So if there was an option to use album covers instead of artist fantart (and ideally a rectangular widget too), I would be very grateful! If you do not want to make it an option, I do not at all mind going into the code and making the changes myself. I would, however, need to be shown which lines to change.

Finally, I find that the original skin handled the right hand fanart better: compare this:
to this:
The big empty space beneath the image is (in my opinion) not an improvement.

Okay, so that was my feedback. I hope I don't come across as rude or demanding! It is of course up to you, im85288, if you want to take any of the feedback into consideration.

The visual glitch has been reported before but it's not something I have here or can reproduce..

An option to use the album cover is do-able (in fact just changed it for version 3.0.55 but not the size of the widgets).

This leads me onto your query about the info list...In the past I would have agreed with you here, but recently someone got me looking into Aspect Ratios in a big way..this was why I changed a lot of the Home screen layout to have images displayed at their correct Aspect Ratio. Comparing the two screenshots you give the top one IMO is squashed and just does not look right...I do agree the grey space underneath could be better..but the image needs to fit AR to be in the skin.

Thanks for your feedback..it helps to improve the skin so keep it coming.
Skilled icon maker needed!!

Hey guys, the default texture tile used for the tiles is a bit dark in the bottom right corner...I am crap at making them though so if anyone wants to adjust/create a new one it would be much appreciated.

Here is the original one:

I don't have any music for "spotlight" and when I set it to a playlist it just loads constantly, never actually showing anything. In fact none of the playlists work. I would also like to have ongoing tv shows in the main tv show widjet,

Also, this may be a far out request and I completely understand if you can't/don't want to do it but perhaps you could add in plexbmc support.
(2014-10-27, 20:27)arithine Wrote: I don't have any music for "spotlight" and when I set it to a playlist it just loads constantly, never actually showing anything. In fact none of the playlists work. I would also like to have ongoing tv shows in the main tv show widjet,

Also, this may be a far out request and I completely understand if you can't/don't want to do it but perhaps you could add in plexbmc support.

The spotlight etc sections work fine for me, though I do not play with playlists much I do use MediaBrowser playlists in the spotlight with no issues. Perhaps there is a general problem if nothing is showing for you. As for plexbmc support, I did consider this and responded about it earlier in this thread. Basically not at the moment.

--------

There's a new version up 3.0.56 which reverts the music back to showing the Fanart (the stretched Thumbs were hurting my eyes!) but for those who want to see thumbs you can now choose to do so in the skin settings.
No problem, I'll just live with it...

I do have one more request, when I go into media controls I would like it to show the progress bar, like it does when paused.

watch gallery

Also how do you get to that quicknav thing you showed a couple posts back?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] 1080XF MB3 - MediaBrowser and Native Kodi Library6