playlist on startup
Ok, a couple of questions:

1. Can I specify a folder in the startup playlist setting to begin playing when XMBC opens?
2. How do I automatically update a playlist when new files are added to the folder where all the playlist files come from?

thanks.
1. Yes, System/Appearance/Skin/Settings/General/Enable playlist at startup.
2. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1786519
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2014-09-12, 19:53)brazen1 Wrote: 1. Yes, System/Appearance/Skin/Settings/General/Enable playlist at startup.

1. I tried this and nothing ever plays, seems it only works with a playlist.
2. that's a 200+ page thread. Can you be a little more specific? If you mean basically recreating the playlist again, I know how to do that. i was looking for an automated way.
(2014-09-12, 20:32)music_lover Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 19:53)brazen1 Wrote: 1. Yes, System/Appearance/Skin/Settings/General/Enable playlist at startup.

2. that's a 200+ page thread. Can you be a little more specific? If you mean basically recreating the playlist again, I know how to do that. i was looking for an automated way.

can someone who is currently playing a local folder location on startup please share their setting entry?
(2014-09-15, 21:32)music_lover Wrote:

can someone who is currently playing a local folder location on startup please share their setting entry?

Ok, so neither of these items cannot be done. VLC does these easy options with no problem.
1) Add-on:Confluence/Settings#Startup_window (wiki)
2) Smart playlists (wiki)
(2014-09-19, 17:50)uNiversal Wrote: 1) Add-on:Confluence/Settings#Startup_window (wiki)
2) Smart playlists (wiki)

1) a folder? i am putting c:\Music Videos\Favorite Videos is that right or do I need a file descriptor thing in front?
2) so i would pick path as a rule and...

<rule field="path" operator="is">
<value>c:\Music Videos\Favorite Videos</value>

You asked "1. Can I specify a folder in the startup playlist setting to begin playing when XMBC opens?"
When I 'Enable Playlist at Startup', my playlist starts playing as soon as KODI opens using the setting I provided for you. You have to browse to the folder you want to open after selecting 'Enable Playlist at Startup'.
And you replied "1. I tried this and nothing ever plays, seems it only works with a playlist."
I thought you asked about playlist startup?

You wrote "2. that's a 200+ page thread. Can you be a little more specific? If you mean basically recreating the playlist again, I know how to do that. i was looking for an automated way."
My link takes you exactly to my write-up. No need to read 200+ pages. If you had read it, you'd understand there is no auto updating a playlist but it can be updated within the GUI eliminating the hassle of navigating the folder structure and editing files.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2014-09-19, 19:22)brazen1 Wrote:

You asked "1. Can I specify a folder in the startup playlist setting to begin playing when XMBC opens?"
When I 'Enable Playlist at Startup', my playlist starts playing as soon as KODI opens using the setting I provided for you. You have to browse to the folder you want to open after selecting 'Enable Playlist at Startup'.
And you replied "1. I tried this and nothing ever plays, seems it only works with a playlist."
I thought you asked about playlist startup?

You wrote "2. that's a 200+ page thread. Can you be a little more specific? If you mean basically recreating the playlist again, I know how to do that. i was looking for an automated way."
My link takes you exactly to my write-up. No need to read 200+ pages. If you had read it, you'd understand there is no auto updating a playlist but it can be updated within the GUI eliminating the hassle of navigating the folder structure and editing files.

Thanks for elaborating. These 2 items are sort of related for me. My requirement is to have xmbc start playing all the videos in my favorite videos folder at startup in random order. I am happy to do that with either a SP or folder.

1. I'll try to browse to the folder I want to open after selecting 'Enable Playlist at Startup', maybe I missed something.
2. I currently update the playlist from within xbmc, not from outside, but I think the SP option will eliminate the need for this.
Ok, I tried creating a SP, but it wouldn't play anything. I even added all the files using the standard scraper for local content. It ran through all 3000+ videos I have, but still the SP will not play anything, even directly from the playlist screen right click and choose PLAY, nothing happens.
Set xbmc on debug log (wiki) restart xbmc or system and pastebin the resulting debug log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playlist on startup0