Req Allow more to be synced across multiple XBMC instances
Hello,

I have more than 1 XBMC instance running at home: 1 tablet, 3 Android Boxes, 2 PCs

I want all instances to see the same database and have the same Look&Feel.

the database syncing is done using MYSQL quite simply.

The Look&Feel is something else altogether.

I have thought about simply syncing the user data folder (containing: addons, cache, media, sounds, system and userdata folders) using any syncing SW: BTSync, Owncloud, etc...

The problem is that because each XBMC instance is running on different HW and connected to different devices (TVs, AV Receivers, etc...) the SYSTEM setting (specifically Audio and Video) are different for each XBMC instance.

My feature request would be that any settings dependent on HW would be placed in different file/folder (currently un guisettings.xml if I am not mistaken).
This way I could indeed sync all units except these specific HW related settings.
Seconded!
Possible solution: write a client script that downloads two files from your server and combines them into guisettings.xml. the first applies to all your machines, the second just to the individual client.

can't be that bothered myself!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Now that settings can be set over JSON-RPC, this should be possible with a clever add-on. It could read the current settings and communicate them to other XBMC/Kodi boxes on the network.
(2014-09-13, 06:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Now that settings can be set over JSON-RPC, this should be possible with a clever add-on. It could read the current settings and communicate them to other XBMC/Kodi boxes on the network.

Will this be part of Kodi? Or is it already present in Gotham?
Do you mean "will this be part of helix"?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's already present in Gotham.
could there be a way to plug in thumb drive into the media server and download all the configuration information onto each client machine or maybe in
future releases the server would automatically up date each new instance of kodi on the network.
If you have only one instance running at the same time, you can use pathsubstitution and put your userprofile on a shared folder
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
i have openelec on remote machine please point me to the guide to do this.
http://wiki.xbmc.org
wish there was an (xbmc/kodi) frodo/gotham /helix. etc for dummys guide in .pdf format for us dummys instead of trolling thru all the posts to find what information we need
(2014-09-20, 06:56)TIREMAN Wrote: wish there was an (xbmc/kodi) frodo/gotham /helix. etc for dummys guide in .pdf format for us dummys instead of trolling thru all the posts to find what information we need

Have you read the manual before bleating?
(2014-09-20, 07:18)nickr Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 06:56)TIREMAN Wrote: wish there was an (xbmc/kodi) frodo/gotham /helix. etc for dummys guide in .pdf format for us dummys instead of trolling thru all the posts to find what information we need

Have you read the manual before bleating?

This x1000

The amount of people I refer to wiki.xbmc.org a day is astonishing.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
sorry first problem i had was i was running helix on both machines when went down to gotham on the second machine everything started showing up
iam still working on the second machine to get it to look like the first machine with every thing listed on the banners(confuence)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow more to be synced across multiple XBMC instances0