SPDIF passtrought
Basically after updating to 13.2 I can't passtrought DTS/DD trough spdif. Or better saying, I can *only* passtrought DD and only if it was transcoded. No DTS for me.

Resuming:
I either set transcode enabled, then it transcodes and sends DD trough spdif (resuming, DTS gets transcoded even thou I've set my avr supports it)

OR

I disable transcoding, leave support for dts/dd set, and everything gets transcoded to LPCM.

Its basicly like the settings that enable support for DTS/DD are dead.

Any clues?
Hi.

A Debug Log would be nice.

Poste a screenshot from your audio settings, too.

Could you please explain, how your system (whatever it is...RPI, Windows or Linux machine, Android, ATV) is connected in which way to which devices that do the audio?
Hi David, thanks. Let me start describing then:

- Windows 8.1
- XBMC 13.2
- Motherboard is a dp55wb, Intel P55, using the Intel audio spdif.
- Receiver sony str-k1000p
Conected trough coaxial spdif.

screenshot of settings:

The way the settings are in the ss, 'enable dolby trancoding' on, everything including dts gets transcoded (and i suspect even DD gets transcoded without reason). If i disable that, no DD or DTS are passed trought.

and last the log link and what i did while loging: xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=294175

Played a DD file without 'transcode' on, enabled transcode. Disabled Transcode. Played a DTS file with the transcode off, enabled transcode, disabled it again.
Update:

Solved :X Smile

I decided to take a peak at the log, found the error '08:07:59 T:7744 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Audio: passthrough - Failed'.

Went to settings and changed the passtrough output device from the default (i guess it was using directsound) to wasapi.

Solved!. Basically whenever it tries open the passtrought in directsound it fails, and in wasapi it succeeds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPDIF passtrought0