Openelec alternative to RPI
True, but maybe he's already got local NFOs - there are other ways to acquire NFOs without export/import (Ember, Sickbeard etc.).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for your always quick replies. True, got confused with UPNP, where I thought the journey of XBMC is heading to. Let me get started then with mysql.

I won't export the library, but will just start everything from scratch, which will be the cleanest. Which of the existing libraries will I have to delete? Addons16? Epg7? Epg8? MyMusic46? MyMusic48? MyVideos78? MyVideos89? Textures13? TV22? TV25? TV26? ViewModes6?

Thanks!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
For the MySQL migration you don't need to delete any databases - just add the MySQL settings in advancedsettings.xml and your local video and music databases will be ignored. But before you migrate to MySQL try recreating your local MyVideos89.db in case something went wrong during the last upgrade.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks. Recreate means deleting the myvideos89 file? Given it takes weeks to recreate this, I would prefer not to do so. Can I ask just not have a local database? So, basically just deleting the file (and some of the others as well)?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
How long ago did you create this database - do you have older versions available with mostly the same movies and tvshows? If so, just rename MyVideos89.db to MyVideos89.db.bak and restart Kodi - it will use the next oldest database (MyVideos88? MyVideos78?) to create a new MyVideos89.db. Check the debug log for any errors during the database creation/upgrade (upload it to be sure).

I don't understand your question about not having a local database - what's that in relation to?
Tried gong back to 78, but no difference. Let me give mysql a try and get back to you. Thanks again for all your advice!
Debug log of the MyVideos89 upgrade?
Here we go. This includes several log files. The most recent already includes the shift to mysql, which I am now scanning the library. Hope I did everything right and will soon know whether this speeds things up.

One related question - how I understand mysql, can now each ot my clients update the library? And it is basically just one library! If so, what happens if two clients update the library at the same time?
So you don't have a debug log showing the actual MyVideos89 upgrade process? Oh well. /sighs

Why would you have two clients updating the library at the same time?
I haven't deleted any logs, so it must be somewhere. What about this?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=299418

I woudn't want to have two clients updating, but one of the clients is set to update upon restart. Just curious what about the dos and donts of mysql. Two clients updating in parallel may corrupt things? Two libraries updating sequentially is ok?
(2014-09-21, 15:26)steve1977 Wrote: I haven't deleted any logs, so it must be somewhere. What about this?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=299418

No, that's not it.

The log with the upgrade process have messages that it can't find MyVideos89. MyVideos88, MyVideos87 etc. until it finds an old database, and then a load of SQL statements transferring the old data to the new database. It's unlikely there's an error if you were able to successfully create a new SQLite MyVideos89.db, but there's always the possibility that something failed and without the debug log we'll never know for sure...

(2014-09-21, 15:26)steve1977 Wrote: I woudn't want to have two clients updating, but one of the clients is set to update upon restart. Just curious what about the dos and donts of mysql. Two clients updating in parallel may corrupt things? Two libraries updating sequentially is ok?

I would imagine there's a slim possibility of bad things happening with two clients concurrently running video scans, I'm not sure if there are any precautions against this and you might end up with duplicates. Maybe nominate one client for scans, typically this would be your more powerful client (ie. an x86 box) if performing manual/GUI-based scans, or an always-on client (ie. Pi) when performing automated/scripted scans (JSON etc.). Or simply avoid running scans concurrently on more than one client.
Thanks for your reply. I will keep looking for the right log next weekend. I am travelling this week.

Library scan is running now and I will for sure try to limit it to one machine. Understand from you that it is ok though if I scan from one machine today and from another tomorrow?

I also noticed that there are folks working on a way that I can update the mqsql database from the server rather than from a client. If mysql turns out to work better for me, I will also give this a shot.
(2014-09-22, 01:04)steve1977 Wrote: it is ok though if I scan from one machine today and from another tomorrow?

Yes.
One question about mysql. Can I use uniform server (uniformserver.com) instead of mysql.com? I would prefer not to install additional software of possible.
Somehow failing to get it working using uniform server. I have created a user xbmc with full access rights, but something going wrong:

14:59:19 150.667526 T:3059491712 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic48 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxx.xxx.x.xxx' (110))

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec alternative to RPI0