New hardware for Kodi/Xbmc
I'm looking for a replacement for my ATV2, and was wondering if I could get any recommendations. The Minix x8-h seems worthy, but I'm not completely sure.

1. I'm looking for a box that allows airplay mirroring for Apple iOS devices (iPod/MacBook).

2. Also, a box that allows you to stream 3d content through xbmc without crashing (like the ATV2).

3. And finally, I'm not trying to spin any more than $200.

4. A box that can surf the web would be nice too.

Thanks before hand
A 2820 nuc or an Asus chromebox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Can you mirror Apple devices through airplay with both boxes?
Does anyone ever read the documentation?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Airplay
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-15, 01:48)Danteiskool Wrote: Can you mirror Apple devices through airplay with both boxes?

You would have to use a different program other than XBMC, but yes, it is possible. Such programs typically cost money and there doesn't seem to be any open source and/or freeware alternative out right now for AirPlay mirroring.
(2014-09-15, 02:55)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 01:48)Danteiskool Wrote: Can you mirror Apple devices through airplay with both boxes?

You would have to use a different program other than XBMC

Does this page specify that you can use XBMC for airplay?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Airplay
It specifies that Airplay Mirroring is unsupported by XBMC.

I guess this is why Ned suggested external software.
Is the minix x8-h a good box for streaming either 3d movies or live content? My current ATV2 routinely crashes when I play 3d movies or HD live content. I'm desperately looking to replace it with something better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New hardware for Kodi/Xbmc0