XBMC not detecting PlayOn uPNP mediaservers
Hello,

Is uPnP broken in Gotham? If it is can you recommend a version that works?

I've got a Raspberry PI running OpenElec XMBC (gotham) , as well as a windows 7 media pc running xmbc (gotham)
Neither will detect my PlayOn uPNP media server running on my primary pc.

Oddly enough If I load up XMBC on the main pc , it see's the upnp server - and it works.
On the media pc machine if I go to explorer and network , it sees the upnp server there. So its definately running and the PC see's it.. so it doesn't seem to be the network...

So why wont XBMC autodetect it? I've also tried putting the the uPNP identifier manually but it xbmc will not connect.

Any suggestions?

I've already tried reinstalling playon on a fresh windows install, and that didnt work.

Cheers
Neil.
Not broken as far as I know. Where exactly are you looking?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
video, add new source , upnp
Any ideas? Could it be the router not forwarding upnp stuff properly.. its a sagem sky router. upnp is enabled in the settings...
My XBMC locations have never not seen my UPnP source (Mezzmo).

As far as I know, there's no way to turn it off. Changing the settings in the XBMC menus will change whether or not XBMC shares its library via UPnP or whether UPNP DMC devices can push content to XBMC.

You are looking at issues with PlayOn or your network, most likely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not detecting PlayOn uPNP mediaservers0