Sleeping Hard Drive
Here's my issue. I recently moved my movies to a 3TB WD external hard drive which is formatted to Max OS journaled. This hard drive is connected via usb to my Airport Extream router. I deleted xp on my pc and installed XBMC Goth on that computer and have a jailbroke ATV2. I was able to mount the hard drive with no problems for the most part and the movies are working fine. (on my ATV2 anyways. i haven't messed with the pc down stairs all that much yet.) Anyways, the issue I'm having is when we wake up and my son wants to watch TV or it has been sitting for more then 5 mins with nothing playing, the hard drive goes to sleep. When I go to my movie list to pick a movie, it either says it is no longer there or it does nothing. Trying to refresh the source to look for new content does not wake it up. Only way I can get it to wake up is by going to Video>Files>Add Source>then go through the process and pick the folder. I then just back out and not complete adding the new source since now the hard drive is awake and I can play the videos like normal.. This is on both the ATV and computer. Is there an add-on or method to wake it up without going through this process. For the most part, I have no problem doing this, it's just annoying. My wife hates it cuz she hates anything that takes more then 3 steps.
Is there a setting on your router to stop it going to sleep?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-14, 02:05)nickr Wrote: Is there a setting on your router to stop it going to sleep?

I'll hop in it and check.. I don't think there is. But I'll take a look see.

Nope.. just looked and all it gives is the drive, sharing option, and password options and that is it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleeping Hard Drive0