Whats wrong with this line?
xbmc.activatewindow(Videos/Files/TV Shows)

i want to jump to my added source called tv shows, NOT the auto-generated tv show section.
i also tried xbmc.activatewindow(Videos,sources://video/TV Shows)
Tried: activatewindow(10025,smb://xxxxxxx,return) but obviously my fanart and posters dont load for the folder names, the individual episodes have art but not the parent folders. When I select the exact same source from the xbmc videos menu, everything has art. And no I'm not entering the built in "tv shows" or "movies" menus, it just so happens that my sources are name the exact same.
there seems to be no way to jump into these sources the way the videos menu does. If only I could look at the source code for the videos menu.
I'm suspecting its because I am forced to enter the source via smb url, and not by the defined source name in sources.xml
There HAS to be a fix for this, or else the entry in the Videos menu would do nothing.
When I go to videos, there's a section called "Files", inside there is my two share additions (TV Shows and Movies), I can successfully jump to Files using:

activatewindow(Videos,Files) but I cant go further, it seems the activatewindow function doesnt take subdirectorys IE (videos,files/myshare), it always goes straight to files when I try this. so close, yet so far away.
Somebody PLEASE help me here. I wont sleep until I figure this out, im that type of person who will spend WEEKS ironing out the details of my setup.
Can you add the folder to your favourites and then look in favourites.xml file to see what is in there?
ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)
ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles)
it used an almost identical line, except it put " around the samba url. Strange that it makes a differences. I tried both single quotes and double quotes and they opened a view that didnt have artwork.
This " made all the difference, it works now! Thanks alot.
my final entry, (incase anyone who has the same problem) was:

XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,"smb://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/ShareName/",return)

(2014-09-14, 08:38)wsnipex Wrote: ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)
ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles)

lol i said i didn't want xbmc's built in scraper section to be loaded.
My problem was art not showing up for each movie/shows folder, only inside the folder the specific movie containers had art. Putting " around the url changed everything, I seem to have the best of both worlds with file view and library view.
Library view requires everything to be verified by TVDB/MDB, unverified content will not show up for me, that was my problem here.
Movies that don not exist can be added by using a movie.nfo file. It's basically an xml file that fills the missing info to the scraper. More can be read on http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/Movies

If most of your movies can be scraped from IMDB or ThemovieDB except for a few than these nfo files can help a lot.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whats wrong with this line?0