Confirmed playback issue list for each hardware solution.
Would be useful for users who want to buy/build a new xbmc/Kodi system to read the confirmed and unresolved playback issues on each popular, let's say top ten, hardware platform?

Issues regarding:
3D playback local or streamed.
HD Audio down mixed or passthrough
Framerate sync 1080p 23,97, 24, 25, 30fps on 50, 60Hz PAL NTSC
SACD DSD/DFS playback @ 172,6 or passthrough on HDMI
HDMI EDID failures.
Artifacts, jitter....etc..

and all the issues I missed that pop-up on some solutions.

Maintaining a shitlist would allow new users to avoid certain solutions and motivate manufacturers to clean up their products.
It could work if the OP would maintain the confirmed issue list in post #1 and challenge or request confirmation from other users for all reports to weed out issue due to environment/setup choices..

All for a better user experience on xbmc/Kodi
We have the wiki for that.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Could you for instance point me to the open issue list for Asus/HP Chromebox, NUC DN2820...., Quad Core AmlogicS802 running at 2.0 Ghz. withOcta Core Mali-450 MP8 GPU...etc..

or again tell me to go fish....

Question really is who are maintaining valid unresolved playback issue lists for xbmc/Kodi running platforms?

And do you agree is might be user friendly to do so?
NUC#Known_issues (wiki)

ASUS_Chromebox#Known_issues_.2B_Fixes.2FWorkarounds (wiki)

Android_hardware (wiki)

Do those links to the Wiki help ??
Learning Linux the hard way !!
So Nuc doesn't have big know issue like macroblocking for other players

It's a best buy with open elec and it costs a little bit than android box

let's see the new gen of android box
maintaining a list in in a forum thread is hopeless and idiotic and stupid (yes a combination of all of these).

only the OP can update the forum thread while any one can update the wiki.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i think he would like create a list like this

www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=70057

i don't understand why
yes thank you for the WiKi links but hard to find for new users trying to find the best Kodi hardware solution.
I have to agree, some sort of chart on the wiki that listed the various devices, broken down by type/platform, and had check boxes for the various supported features, with links to individual wiki pages, would be immensely useful to new users and cut down on the 'what should I buy' type of posts
I don't think a negative list would work well. Who would update the list after a fix? A confirmed positive list is much better. And it needs to be a combination of device + OS (version) + XBMC/Kodi (version). not that trivial ...
We need to define usecases before (upload samples, etc.) - I often read: "Plays 4K perfectly" which is a nonesense statement, cause it only means: there exists at least one 4K file that is working fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-14, 14:57)Roby77 Wrote: i think he would like create a list like this

www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=70057

i don't understand why

you don't understand why users should maintain a clear and precise list of issues that need to be fixed by the manufacturer?

You believe that lots of booboy posts will solve anything?

A list sticks... a post will disappear very quickly to the bottom...

But thanks for posting my work here... it is a good example of giving everyone direct visibility to what is wrong with the box they plan to buy and good leverage to force the manufacturers to fix it.
I wish all products were that easy to review.

(2014-09-14, 19:25)FernetMenta Wrote: I don't think a negative list would work well. Who would update the list after a fix? A confirmed positive list is much better. And it needs to be a combination of device + OS (version) + XBMC/Kodi (version). not that trivial ...

Just like managing MANTIS bug tracker... list of open issues.
(2014-09-14, 19:36)fritsch Wrote: We need to define usecases before (upload samples, etc.) - I often read: "Plays 4K perfectly" which is a nonsense statement, cause it only means: there exists at least one 4K file that is working fine.

Exactly.... I rather see a list with 23 flavors of 4K video that don't work, with 14 deemed excotics, 8 should play, 1 essential
(2014-09-14, 19:37)Willem55 Wrote: Just like managing MANTIS bug tracker... list of open issues.

if you like to see a list of open issues, you can visit our TRAC bug tracker. have fun Smile
bin there... that is the exact reason for this thread...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confirmed playback issue list for each hardware solution.0